_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Mirage III E BR (1/72)
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
AeroScale: 116 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 03:26 AM UTC
Hello gang!
Here is some pics of a model Iīve just finished, itīs a Heller kit with FCM decals, 1/72 scale. I made this model in honnor of this aircraft, that after 30 years of service in the Brazilian Air Force they were retired last year, this painting scheme represents the scheme when they arrived in Brazil late in 1972.
Enjoy the pics!

Comments and critics are welcome!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:30 AM UTC
Hi Paulo!

Nice Mirage! Congratulations
I particulary like the red markings over the metal finish. This indeed gives the plane a very "early" look. I hope the retired aircraft weren't all scrapped and some were kept for museums or for display.
This is another thing Brazilians and French have in common, besides the fact of being the last World Cup winners! Allez la France!

Jean-Luc
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
AeroScale: 116 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 07:56 PM UTC
Hello Jean-Luc,
Fortunatelly they didnīt scrap the old planes, indeed one of them was painted in this paint scheme I did and it shall go to the Aircraft Museum in Rio de Janeiro city.
France and Brazil have more things in commom, it was in France, back in 1906 that the brazilian inventor Alberto Santos Dummont did the first flight of a heavier than air plane in the Bagatelle field with the 14 Bis, this year we going to celebrate the Centennial of this flight...
Thanks for replying!
Regards
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:49 AM UTC
I always thought that the Mirage was a nice looking aeroplane, and yor model does it justice Paulo
The Mirage and the Hawker Hunter are 2 aircraft that just look right, along with the Spitfire, of course
Mal
 _GOTOTOP