_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
Night Bird
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 04:02 AM UTC
Ahoy mateys....'ere is me new cut-off...ehem..sorry, too much Running Wild... Anyways here is my final butchery on a poor little model. The kit is PM's Messerschmitt P1111 1/72. A nice little piece of work. I can recomentd to anyone who is ready for a little makeover and conversion. I did little changes on it and applied hand made(or we can say scratch built) radar anthennas probably for FuG 220 system. Painted with Testors RLM 75 over RLM76. Weathering and smoke is charcoal and ink. It didn't end upas I wanted. It was 4 in the morning and the charcoal didn't drift away as much as I expected after the coting process. So here it is after 4783 times of breaking and rebuilding anthennas.... Chhers:

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:14 AM UTC
Hi Yalım!

Nice P1111 you have here! I like the camouflage and the work on the antennas is owesome! Their placement is very original. Do you have more pictures to share?
I only have two remarks. The canopy seems to have fogged a little. Did you use CA glue? There is also a glue spot (white) were the front wheel meets the ground/base. I would add a little drop of black paint to cover it...
This is a nice addition to your growing Luft'46 collection!

Jean-Luc
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 01:24 AM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc. Unfortunately I have no more photoes yet. I'll try to take some myself these days. This one is taken by a friend of mine Plamen Kostandof (WRTBGS) from our local comunity in the Apirl 9th Airospace Museum event. The canopy is not foggy(just checked again) but it looks so because of the flash and weird angles of the frontal panel. I use Tamiya Green Head for clear parts but you are right I use Cyanoacrylate for the rest. And well saw again there is a fog around the fron wheel but this is an emergency base. I am planing a little diorama( can this be called vignette?) base for the near future so I won't paint it I guess. See ya soon cheers.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hi Yalım!

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to see this one in a diorama!

Jean-Luc
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC
That plane has some nice lines. Great job. Is that a real plane or something that was on the board when the war ended?
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 03:17 PM UTC
Definately a poor chap on board Alan. As far as I remember doesn2t even have a wind tunnel model but I may be mistaken. After all it is not even suitable for night fighter duty, too fast. I like doing these sort of things even though they are not logical:}
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 01:11 PM UTC
Boo hoo winge snivel

I can't see it.....red X...the bane of my life.

Cheers
Peter
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:58 PM UTC
I love the cammo scheme and the antennas are well done, and after only 4783 attempts, awsome
Mal
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 04:06 AM UTC
Well the anthennas were succesful after the first time but they broke nearly everytime I touched the plane...:}
 _GOTOTOP