_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Walfish
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 01:08 PM UTC
Hi Guys
This was finished a year ago. Nowadays Eduard has done a Limited edition of it. In my opinion the profipac didn’t have any fancy decal options, so I did my own. In the Limited you’ve get the decals.
Its Eduards profipac kit 8041. I build it almost out of box build, just added some small details

Eduard has done a real nice cockpit. But with good references I open up the inside walls between the driver space and rear gunner. I simulate the veneer in the aft of the fuselage with thin plasticard. The inside was woodgrian painted in the usual way. I used a light brown humbrol for basecolor. Oil colour made up the woodgrian.

The engine was given the normal treatment. Ignition wires were added varies shades of gun metal paint was used to paint the engine up. The Ocarina exhaust stack was drilled out

The kit etched Spandau was replaced with a new from an old separate set from Eduard.

The anemometer on the top left wing was scratched.

The pale Blue/Grey is a home mix of Humbrols, The scales was masked up with thin strips of masking tape. The front of each scale was darkened by brush painting. Mouth and eyes was added in black /Brown mix. Varies decals came out from the spare box.
Riggins was made with Gold-Zack thread, heat stretched Q-tips for turnbuckles.

Cheers
Lars in Sweden
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 02:59 PM UTC
Lars very nice! I like your overall subdued treatment. As if a little war weary from multiple flights daily over Verdun. Model On!
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 03:38 PM UTC
That is a really nice job there Lars.
I like the subdued treatment also.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 04:42 PM UTC
Thanks
Its an nice kit, easy to build. an DII would be nice to have, but it´s a vac from Sierra. My workbench is filled up already with;
Roden:Felixstowe F2b
Eduard: Sopwith Camel 2F1
Eduard: Dh2
 _GOTOTOP