_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Linden Hill Decals...
DutchBird
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 07:44 AM UTC
Hi guys,

I have a question about Linden Hill decals.

I have in my stash at home the 1:48 Academy Su-27B. IMHO the most beautiful modern plane there is... However, I do not like the provided decals too much.

I have seen a set by Linden Hill which I do like. So I was wondering of any of you knew what the quality of their products is, and how their service is (being in the US at the moment I seriously consider buying them now, even though the building of the plane is a long way into the future).

So might anyone of you be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Harm
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:28 PM UTC
Hello Harm

the decals are very well researched and also really good in print and register. The instruction booklet of Flankers pt.1 is also really nice but it is topped by the instructions of pt.3 with lots of pictures there. The stecils sheet is also very useful, althoug you can go crazy when trying to put themn all on. You can have a look here:
http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Decals/LH_Flankers_on_patrol_3_1-48.html
(sorry, the pics are a bit fuzzy but you get the "picture")

I also can recomment Hi-Decals sheet on the Flanker with very interesting camo shemes of Angola, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Indonesia)

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Decals/HDL_Su-27_SAF.html

HTH

best wishes

Steffen
DutchBird
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:37 PM UTC
Thank you Steffen...

The nr 3 sheet was the one I would be going for (in particular the one with the Cobra on the tail)....

As said at the bottom of the review, that plane is HUGE... The other schemes (Angola, Eritrea, Indonesia) sound interesting as well (maybe something for a later date)...

Now only if Sol (if they are still around) would rerelease their conversions (especially the naval Flanker)...

Thanks again,

Harm

BTW, I found some pics of German Migs... it still looks weird to see them with (West-) German markings....
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 01:11 PM UTC
Hello Harm

I was very unhappy with the pictures (I did that review long ago ...) so I scanned the sheets again with a better result. Still the decals have to be a little fuzzy to protect the manufacturer...

Happy modelling!

cheers

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP