_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Gonna build an inaccurate helo!
Envar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC
Yes!
I just bought a Revell-Monogram AH-1s Cobra in 1/48 scale. I was looking for a Sea Cobra, but this will do. I´m gonna build it and then use it as a basis for a Photoshop cover art illustration for a game package.
In my previous life when I built only aircraft I thought the cockpits were the funniest part to build and paint. This AH-1 comes with quite neatly detailed cockpit OTB, but for some reason I found it most annoying to paint and drybrush all those instruments. And for some reason I never seem to get the color scale of a cockpit quite right.
So, just to make this look better I´m going to give this poor helo a three-colour camo scheme, the one seen on Sea Cobras.
This is my confession. Next time when somebody points me out some inaccuracies in my work, just remember who you´re dealing with! #:-)

Toni

BTW, the illustration will show AH-1 firing TOWs ("torpedoes") at submarines!
mavrick1124
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 11:34 AM UTC
Envar, go for it. I got caught up in the accuracy game when competing and all the fun went out the window. Had to go back to building what I liked and the way I wanted it to look. It's more fun and relaxing now.
Desert-Fox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 06:57 AM UTC
Its a hobby Envar.
Enjoy yourself and build it how you like it.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 07:26 AM UTC
Envar,
Having seen your other work, you're in no danger of being shunned around here if you build something that isn't perfectly completely stunningly accurate!

Myself, I just finished 3 1/72 a/c
Italeri PAH2 AT helo.. semi accurate paint scheme, my dark grey is much lighter than the oics I've seen that look black, but it's done!
MPC U-2 painted with a spraycan to hang from the ceiling of my classroom
Revell's old Yak-38 witjh DML AS-7 Kerry's nand UPK 23 gunpods... It may not be an accurate weapons load, but it looks great! Also hanging from the classroom ceiling.

It's the fun ones that keep us doing the crazy stuff.. like lighting up the artillery computer or adding 20+ parts to a Panther tank cupola!

My US$0.02
Mike
Envar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 09:22 AM UTC

#:-)

:-)

Toni
 _GOTOTOP