BF109 Romanian finished
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
AeroScale: 116 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 01:05 PM UTC
Hi guys!
Since Iīve read the thread about group building of the BF109 I get the feeling that I must to participate of it, firstly because I do like this plane, and secondly, after a long time away from the planes (building armors), I decided to build all that planes I had, stacked on the cabinets, so I did!
Iīve finished in 1 month a Revell AG Bf109 E3, itīs an old Matchbox kit, and itīs very poor in details, but, since I decided to build my collection of warbirds without worrying about detailing the cockpit and so.
Iīve made it on Romanian colors, and besides some flaws in the decals I liked the overall appearence of the beauty. Itīs not for a contest or something like that, but for my personal pleasure....as soon as I can Íīll take some pics(old way) and post here.
Wait!
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 05:03 PM UTC
Hallelujah! One person has finished his kit for the group build already!!

Great work, Paulo! Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Cheers,
BP.
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 01:11 PM UTC
As promissed, here are the pics of my BF109 Romenian...I know itīs not a masterpiece, but, hey! I had a lot of fun, and besides that, I didnīt make a plane for over 15 years....
Comments are welcomed!

if this didnīt show upī, try this link:
My planes
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 11:24 PM UTC
:-) Nice Paulo, especialy from a matchbox kit. I don't have any models in Romanian colours
but this looks nice. What specific green is it? Is the yellow RLM 04 or a Romanian shade?
Mal
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2003 - 01:31 AM UTC
Hi Holdfast!
Thanks for the comments..
Well I didnīt care for specific colors, for the bottom I used the RLM 62, for the upper surface I use Tamiya Olive green, for the yellow shade, I use the Tamiya Flat yellow since it was the closest I had in hands for match the decals....
Cheers
 _GOTOTOP