_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Results for MOM April 2006
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 04:01 PM UTC
Thanks for your vote’s guys and for following my request to keep the voting simple, it certainly helps me when toting up the results. There were one or two who didn't fully adhere to my request but this in the main were new? Voters. Please, if you are going to vote, can you read the guidelines first as I will not be sending PM's anymore over this and infringements will have to be ignored. Reading of and adhering to the voting method and request for keeping it simple is now mandatory for your vote to be counted, this also means that 3 votes are required.
Sorry about this but I have to nail it down so I'm not put in the position of deciding whether to except a vote or not. So far none of these issues would have effected the voting outcome, but there will come a time when it will. Lets be honest it ain’t rocket science, 3 votes each, 3 points for your first, 2 points for your second and 1 point for your 3rd choice and nothing else in the reply, no smilies no well done’s no nothing except your 3 votes

OK, enough wining, here's how it went:

betheyn (F-86 ) 35
    lampie (Fw190D) 17
    wingman (Ta 183) 21
    archerwin (He 111) 7
    KeroJP8 (B-1B) 7
    CPTKelley (F-18) 19
    Holdfast (Bf 109E) 17
    JPTRR(Me 262) 27
    jetprovost (Pembroke) 15

The most number of 1st choice votes went to CPTKelley (F-18) with 6 (18 points).
The most number of 2nd choice votes went to betheyn (F-86 ) with 8 (16 points).
The most number of 3rd choice votes went to Holdfast (Bf 109E) with 7 (7 points).

28 members cast their votes, 10 more than last month, but the turnout was only 8, less than half the record of 19, but we had the Spitfire MOM running as well. No ladies again this time but we live in hope for the coming months, well done to everyone who entered, nice to see some new faces again and a nice spread of different eras, cool.

Voting was quite close between the eventual 1st and 2nd places until the second page when the eventual winner began to edge in front. It was nice to see a Luft 46 entry doing well (bodes well for my Ta 183 ) It was also gratifying to see jetprovost's little vac formed Pembroke getting some well deserved votes as well as newish returnee to the hobby Lampie's Fw 190D.
Rest assured there were no bad models here so please don't be put off with entering again and remember you can enter a model up to 3 times. Well done all those that entered and thanks for the votes

The results, well done all:

1st betheyn F-86 35 points

2nd JPTRR Me 262 27 points

3rd wingman Ta 183 21 points

Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 04:57 PM UTC
Hi all!

Congratulations to the winners and to all who have participated! Thanks also to those who have voted and of course to Mal for running the show...

Am I wrong or is this the second "Show your Teeth" entry to win the MoM in a row?

Jean-Luc
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 06:06 PM UTC
Congratulations Andy and all the winners!
An all jet top 3 this month
Your right Jean Luc,,2 SYT entries winning MOM back to back.What chance a hat trick to celebrate the end of the campaign?
Well done to everyone who entered.Another seriously hard job picking out a personal top 3.
Thanks as always to Mal for organising this,and a special thanks to everyone who voted for my effort.17 votes is more than my combined total since returning to the hobby.
Nige
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 08:39 PM UTC
Hi All,

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I can be painful deciding which mere three of such an offering of excellent kits to vote for! I often change my mind several times before casting my votes, and spend a good deal of time clicking back and forth between photos of entries.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC
I am gobsmacked.
Thankyou to everyone who voted and well done to all the entrants. Thanks to Mal as well for running the MOM.
I suppose i better go and dust the Sabre now .
Andy (++)
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2006 - 02:47 AM UTC
Congatulations to the winners.
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2006 - 03:09 AM UTC
Great job, everyone! Nice jet, Andy!!!

I do hope that I'll finish a model before the 15th, so that I can enter the MoM this month!

Cheers
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I do hope that I'll finish a model before the 15th, so that I can enter the MoM this month!

Hi Björn!

Why not your "teethed" one!

Jean-Luc
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:39 AM UTC
Hi. Just wanted to say congrats to the winners and all that entered and voted. The more the better. A BIG THANK YOU to Mal for running the show, thank you sir, Wingman out.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 02:21 AM UTC
Congrats to all those who had entered and to this months winners Betheyn, JPTRR, Wingman. Great job guys
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 05:26 AM UTC
Nice job to everyone involved....see ya next month!

JK
 _GOTOTOP