_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) May 2006
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:31 AM UTC
Post your entries for the MOM for May here.

Please read the following.
1. Do not forget to add information about the model, voters will be encouraged to check this out before voting and it may influence their vote. New.......please put the info about your model in one place. I will only copy the first set of information to put in the gallery, so if you add a piece before each picture only the first part (above the first pic) will be copied.
2. Only post 3 pics, no composites and no pics of real aircraft (even for comparison)
3. Any model of an aircraft, from any era in any scale is eligible
4. Entry will be open until the 15th
5. Please comply with this
Please rename your pics using a number followed by your CALLSIGN. By this I mean the file name, this is because:
a. When I copy the pics into a folder on my hard drive I have to copy them with the original filename (so I can't change them when I copy them)
b. So that they stay together in the gallery and so that I don't have to name each pic and so they appear in the order in which they were posted I have to re-name each pic with the member’s callsign. You may imagine what it's like trying to get the 3 pics from each member together (50-60 pics in total with all sorts of file names and some not matching their mates).

So if you use a file name that begins with a number and has your Callsign you will save me about 2 hours work

For example my 3 pics could be 001Holdfast, 002Holdfast and 003Holdfast. I hope this is clear

Lets see if we can get an even better turn out this month and for the coming year.

Entry will close on the 15th and I will start the voting thread as soon as possible after that.

Mal
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:51 AM UTC
Hi. Here is my entry for MOM May. This is Hasegawas 1/48 scale Hellcat. It was built out of the box using ModelMaster paints and Aeromaster decals. Weathering was done with a raw umber oil wash and paint chipping was done with ModelMaster chrome silver toned down with raw umber artist oil paint. The antenna was made using stretched sprue that was heated with a blown out match held under the sprue to tighten it up. The wheel chocks were made from styrene sheet and rod. The carrier deck was made using strips of basswood cut to length and attached to a wood base then stained with a wood stain. The fire extinguishers are Verlinden items. Thanks for looking, Wingman out.

csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:09 PM UTC
Hi Mal.
Is it posible to participate with two entries ? I want to enter with the Moosie and with a Spitfire Mk IXc that I finished today.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:41 AM UTC
Yes you can enter both if you like but I would strongly advise that you only enter one because:
1. Some voters don't appreciate that you have entered two models and do not clarify which they are voting for which means I have to allocate it to one of your entries, which is not fair, on you, me or the voter, if I get it wrong. I can also be accused of cheating.
2. Because of the above I intend to discount any such votes. This is unfair on you and the voter but much fairer on me
3. You will give yourself less chance of winning. You may not consider this of to greater importance, but if you enter I'd certainley like to see you and anyone have the best chance.
4. It would be better to enter each in a different month so we have more entrants each month.

I could go on but the choice is yours Carlos, if you do enter both I will try and make voters aware
Mal
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 02:02 AM UTC
Hi everyone.
Heres my entry for this month.
Its the Special Hobby Spitfire MK X Photo Reconnaisance in 1/72.Built OOB.Seatbelts are tin foil.
Preshaded in red and finished with Xtracolour PRU pink.Thanks for looking and good luck to everyone!

csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 07:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes you can enter both if you like but I would strongly advise that you only enter one because:
1. Some voters don't appreciate that you have entered two models and do not clarify which they are voting for which means I have to allocate it to one of your entries, which is not fair, on you, me or the voter, if I get it wrong. I can also be accused of cheating.
2. Because of the above I intend to discount any such votes. This is unfair on you and the voter but much fairer on me
3. You will give yourself less chance of winning. You may not consider this of to greater importance, but if you enter I'd certainley like to see you and anyone have the best chance.
4. It would be better to enter each in a different month so we have more entrants each month.

I could go on but the choice is yours Carlos, if you do enter both I will try and make voters aware
Mal

Ok Mal. I agree with you.
This month I´ll enter with the Moosie, next one will be the Spitfire Mk IXc.
Cheers
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2006 - 06:31 AM UTC
Greetings,

Here's Tamiya's 1/100 MiG-19 painted up as an all-weather Red Chinese F-6PM.

You can read the review at Tamiya MiG-19 Review

matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 03:11 AM UTC
Here is my entry for May MOM.

This is the DML 1/72 scale Ta 152C built OOB, painted with Model Master enamels and decals from my spares box.

Matrixone 001

Matrixone 002

Matrixone 003

Matrixone
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hi all.
Here´s my entry. It´s the Mosquito FB Mk VI from Tamiya in 1/48. It´s an aircraft from 143 Sqn. The built was OOB.

brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 02:25 PM UTC
This is Tamiya's 1/48 Spitfire Mk1a. It was airbrushed with Vallejo Air acrylics, then given a wash with oils. The pilot figure is Hecker & Goros but I lost the head so had to substitute one fron an ICM figure. The radio and IFF wires are fishing line painted black and the undercarriage indicator on the upper wing surface is stretched sprue.

betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 03:56 PM UTC
Special Hobbys 1/48 Gloster Pioneer E-28.
The plane was pre-sprayed with Tamiya flat black and then sprayed with Alclad Aluminium, duraluminium and jet exhaust. The control surfaces were painted with Halfords primer.
I would like to thank Jean-Luc for his excellent build review of this kit as it helped enormously.
Andy (++)

brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 11:47 PM UTC
Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk. 1. Built OOB apart from radio antenna wire from fishing line. It was airbrushed with Vallejo air and the panel lines were darkened with a wash of water colour.

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 12:12 AM UTC
This is the Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire F.22. Built OOB with a couple of improvements.
1. Wing tip nav lights replaced with clear sprue and coloured "bulbs".
2. Roll over pylon and head armour scratch built.
3. Vac form replacement Cockpit canopy.
4. Cannon barrels and exhausts drilled out.
5. Painted using Humbrol paints. (This aircraft was painted silver and was not in a natrual metal finish)
6. Kit decals were used.
7. Artist oil paint washes.

Mal
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 08:06 AM UTC
Hasegawa P-40E 1/48 scale.
Painted with Model Master Acrylics. Black/umber water color wash and weathering with Tamiya weathering kit. Guns and exhaust drilled out. Kit decals. Resin seat and tires used. This was my first attempt at using tips and techniques learned here at Armorama and my first campaign entry.

001 VonCuda P-40

002 VonCuda P-40

003 VonCuda P-40
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 12:41 PM UTC
Hi gang

I showed some pictures of thes model already last month, but I did not enter it into the competition so here we go:

Yak-3 eduard kit with eduard photoetched set. The decals are from the kit.

The original was piloted by Boris Eremin who was credited with 8 aerial victories and 15 shared. He recieved the title Hero of the Soviet Union.

Remark: Hey Mal I hope I did everything right ... It seems that some of us still did not read rule 5 .. :-) :-) :-) :-)

best wishes

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP