Hosted by Rowan Baylis
help!!! please!!!!!!!
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 09:25 AM UTC
ok yall I'm workin on the 1/32nd Mess. BF-109E from Hasegawa and I've got the detail set from verlindan.. and I'm stuck.. I'm currently working on the cockpit and well I'm bout to pull out what little hair I have left on My head.. the instructions from verlindan are very very vague and well they dont help much if anyone has got any hints or photos that would shop outstanding shots so I can use them as ref I'd be greatly appricated and if anyone else knows of any other trouble spot on this ole bird please lemme know as well..

thank you

Chris aka Rattler
pigus #26
REMF11M
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 181 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 09:35 AM UTC
TRY HERE
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/pmodels/bf109.html[/url]
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 10:00 AM UTC
thanks Remf but I needed interior shots but I'll book mark that site gives a gret color shot of trop which will be My next project

Chris
Holocaust59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 113 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 12:21 PM UTC
These three pics should do you:

http://www.wonderland59.freeserve.co.uk/messengers%20picture%20upload.html

Paste this address into your browser thingy (sorry, I don't know how to post pictures here)
They are of a 109E cockpit, bear in mind it's a preserved one and the colour might not be original, I think they were a kind of weird turqouise colour in 1940, but check some references. One other thing you might try is looking around the cockpit on the combat flight simulator 'IL2' - there's a 109E on that and the 3D cockpit is very accurate.
Holocaust59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 113 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 12:53 PM UTC
Rattler,

Since it would seem you are super-detailing the cockpit of your 109, remember these two things. If you've ever sat in a 109, you'll know how cramped they are, so don't forget that the paint gets worn quickly where the pilot's shoulders and arms rub things, such as the trim wheel. Also, owing to it's short range, the 109E operated almost exclusively from unprepared airstrips, so that floor would be covered in sh*t, LOL!
Oh, and if you're doing Adolph Galland's aircraft, he had an ashtray installed in the cockpit!
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 01:12 PM UTC
hey LT,

thank ya fer the heads up I've yet to be able to climb around let alone in one but gawd I'd love to lol kid in a candy store I'd be. the link ya gave Me donesn't seem to come thru maybe you can email Me the link ??

Chris
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2003 - 01:36 AM UTC
hey pig brotherhit www.hyperscale.com. i think they had some interior shots in there. i need the same thing for my 109, but i may silver our black out the cockpit from inside to hide the lack of detail in the office. stug

stevus khan
pig 23
keeper of the chroncle o' the sty
Der Sonntag Bund
 _GOTOTOP