B-25H
sdk10159
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 556 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 01:17 AM UTC
Hello,

I'm particulary fond of this aircraft and want to build one. Unfortunately, I believe Monogram was the only manufacturer that put out a B-25H, but that was long ago.

I see that Revell makes an J model, and Accurate Miniatures makes a G, these are the two 75mm cannon armed models. Does anyone make a conversion kit to change the B-25J to an H?

Steve
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 01:23 AM UTC
I assume we are talking 1/48 here ?
sdk10159
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 556 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 02:57 AM UTC
Yes, 1/48 scale. I forgot to mention that.
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 05:09 PM UTC
I think your right the 1/48 monogram kit is it, Two varients included are the OD colored version and the Aluminum colored "Finito Benito" version
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC
I'm pretty sure the revell and monogram kits are the same base kit, but with different noses and maybe a few other bits changed.

The Accurate miniatures kit is of course better, but not a late enough model (as you know). However, I think it is possible to rob some parts from the monogram/revell kit and perform some surgery on the AM kit to add those (put in forward upper turret, remove rear upper turret and lower turret, add later style waist gunner's windows, and use the side gun pods from the monogram/revell kit), as the basic outline of the aircraft remained the same. the AM kit includes the later style rear gunners position as an option, and the engine nacells would probably have to come from the monogram/revell kit. you'll probably have to adapt some of the other monogram/revell parts as well, but basically I think it could be done (and i have been thinking about it for a while).

and while the AM kit is much nicer, better detailed, etc. - just keep in mind putting it together is no walk in the park. it's a darn good kit, but a bit tricky to get together smoothly.

in fact, why don't you go ahead and start this - that way someone is sure to release a new tooling of the later model B-25s! :-)

-v-
Tigercat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
Actualy the B-25H rear fuselage was 7 inches deeper than previous versions. Accurate Miniatures first released the B-25G as a conversion kit. If you could find one of these it would provide the necessary parts to graft onto he Monogram kit.

David
 _GOTOTOP