_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Panda 1/35 Hueys
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 02:04 AM UTC
There are a few Huey kits from Panda. They ones available to me:

UH-1D 1st Cav
UH-1D Wasp
UH-1N Gunship

What is the difference between the three? I want to do a scene with the Dragon figure set of Colonel Kilgore from Apocolypse Now. My best guess is the UH-1D is the best match. Maybe since it's just a movie it makes no difference.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 02:50 AM UTC
Hey Alan,
The only difference between the UH-1D 1st Cav, UH-1D Wasp kits is the decals. The kit is actually of a UH-1H rather than a UH-1D, the UH-1D has a nose-mounted pitot tube and different shaped blade antenna on the roof. The kit also includes cable cutters and an additional antenna which should be left off if you intend to build a Vietnam era Huey. It (kits)does come with some draw backs, such as the size of the rivets which are way over-scale, and a panel door on the boom that should not be there. You can easily fill it in with putty.

The UH-1N Gunship is a Navy/Marine bird. It's a twine engine helicopter. Also the nose if longer and flatter. Still used today over in Iraq.

There ok..but you still can find a 1/32 Revell UH-1D/H kits on ebay. The difference between the two scales aren't really that different and can be used with 1/35 scale figures.

Also Cobra Company makes a 28 piece Detail and Correction Set for the Panda UH-1D kit #35011for $24.95.
 _GOTOTOP