_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
its a fokker fest!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 01:00 PM UTC
hi all! i've not been too active on the forums recently, due to the fact that the only kit i'm working on is my ark royal, that never seems to look very different than the last time i posted pics here (its got a lot of hard to notice p/e!) and a little publicised football tournament (which includes boozing!)
anyhoo....
this morning i picked up a package sent to me for review by merlin, its the eduard dual combo, and in the box i found a treasure trove of goodies, two separate albatros kits plus p/e for both and a standard fokker triplane. needless to say these kits will be my next build! the only downside is that the triplane is the red barons aircraft and i already have an airfix version of this plane, and just looking at the eduard one, on the sprue it will make poor little aifix triplane look a little basic!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 01:16 PM UTC
Nice one Phil!

I must admit I couldn't resist sneeking a peek at the contents of the Albatros Dual Combo and I was tempted to break my habit of recent years and build a 1/72 scale kit!

All the best

Rowan
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 01:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice one Phil!

I must admit I couldn't resist sneeking a peek at the contents of the Albatros Dual Combo and I was tempted to break my habit of recent years and build a 1/72 scale kit!

All the best

Rowan

so it isnt just me who can hear that little voice coming from the box........
"ignore your other kits, build me,BUILD ME NOW"
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2006 - 03:07 PM UTC
Right on! Brailscale at its finest! I only wish my eyes would let me build at that scale. I will look forward to your insights none-the-less. Model On!
 _GOTOTOP