_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Rodens RAF Be 12b
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 09:04 PM UTC
Hi
Anyone got it get? I´ve order it mine today. With a little luck i can open the box tomorrow at the exhibition. Yes the DH-2 will fly over that table. we´l see where it toch down.Perhaps i can give you pics of the Be 12b tomorrow
http://www.rodenplant.com/HTML/412.htm

Kindly Regards from a sunny place in Sweden

Lars
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 12:05 AM UTC
Hi
here is the pics. Its no riview, just pics.

I can only say, this one is going to be build as soon as possible.
Cheers
Lars
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi Lars

Exciting! This one isn't in the shops here yet! Keep us up to date on what you find...

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 01:25 AM UTC
Yes Lars, do let us know what you think of it. I'm sure I'll probably want one anyway
Mal
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 01:53 AM UTC
Hi Guys
The quality of the kit is typical Roden, almost flashfree parts. On my sample the wingedges have tiny flash. That’s an easy fix for a normal skilled modeller. As usual you got no gluetabs on the big peaces, so it’s to be careful, when gluing the fuselage together.
The paint scheme gives you three decal options, all three is for the home defence 1918. The decals are sharp and lined up correctly.
Because this plane was powered with the same engine as the SE5, It’s almost a SE5a in the front. Hopefully Part in Poland will give us a etched set for this one to, but if you are in a hurry you always can nip some goodies from theirs SE5a set.
Some more pictures

Got to order some Windsocks and Parts etch now
Cheers
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / Espańa
KitMaker: 243 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 03:07 AM UTC
Lars, I see this model in some model shops. It is a great model. One question about the paint scheme. The colour for this airplane is dark green ? or what colour must to be applied? Thanks. and regards.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 07:47 PM UTC
Hi
I’m still waiting for a Windsock datafile 066 on this one, that’s why I been quiet on this one.
Roden suggest that the upper camouflage should be painted in matt WW1 green, humbrol green 108. I assumed this should be the Pc 12 (Pigmented cellulose 12), a more brownish green.
The underside Rodens suggests Matt linen, Humbrol 74. I assumed this to be CDL (Clear Doped Linen).
The Struts should have wooden colour, my guess yew. That’s an orange-brown wood.
I will come back on this when I´ve got the datafile.
Maybe I am totally wrong on this, but for the moment it’s my guess from Rodens suggestion of painting
Regards
Lars Q
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / Espańa
KitMaker: 243 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 03:01 PM UTC
Thanks Lars, I take note in my notebook. I hope that Parts Model or another trademark can included in the futur some PE parts. In thsi moment, I think that there is nothing. Lars You are thinking to include the SEa5 PE parts to this model ??

Thanks. Lars.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 06:18 PM UTC
Hi
Some details from parts Se5a could very well go on this one. Just to help up the details..

I’ve hade send Parts in Poland a mail, requisitioning if they having plans for this plane. Still no answer yet.

Lars
FUTURE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 61 posts
AeroScale: 56 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 03:13 PM UTC
I have this kit. The only thing i don't like about it is the louvers on the sides of the engine covers. Shame they didn't make these as seperate parts so they could have been molded very thin like they are in real life and also have been open.

Just my 2 cents Aussie.
BradCancian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 285 posts
AeroScale: 281 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 04:44 PM UTC
G'day all, this is my first post here! Great site (thanks to Stephen Lawson for pointing me in this direction!)

I have had a look at one of these kits in the box and they look quite nice, I agree with Ross' comments on the louvers, but they should be easy to shave off and some new ones made from foil.

I will not buy this kit - not because it's a bad one, not because I don't like the aircraft (quite the contrary actually), but because I have already started a kitbash of the BE12b from the Aeroclub BE12 and the Roden Hisso SE5a. I started it last December before Roden announced they were releasing the kit... typical!! It has stalled a little because of other projects and my scratch building and kitbashing probably can't beat a main stream manufactured kit...

Here's a link to the build:

My BE12b Project

Cheers,

BC
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 08:51 PM UTC
Hi Brad
Nice too have you here. It´s real nice job you pulled of on this one. Do not go and buy the new one until you finished this, promise?that project is too good to get in the RIPbox. Keep us posted
Lars
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 10:10 PM UTC
Hello Brad!

Pretty dynamic for a first post eh? Ladies and gents Brad Cancian 's models will do nothing less than impress you. With Lars and Brad here we can expect some even better insights to building stringbags. Now I have to get back to finishing these two Sop. 2F.1 kits.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 11:30 PM UTC
Plenty of evening classes then maybe??

*runs to get a school desk close to the blackboard*
SmileyCentral.com
 _GOTOTOP