_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
New A/C Group: What If?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 03:20 PM UTC
I created a new group for the A/C forum today that is for those interested in What If? speculative/theoretical modeling. There is a good site for this already on kithobbyist.com but I was asked about incorporating the idea here so I did.

http://kithobbyist.com/whatif

Cheers,
Jim
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 03:24 PM UTC
jim hate to ask but could you do one for armor as well, you can see there is a growing demand not only for kits but info on projects that didn't quite make it into production. things like the stingray, and the t-92, the t-28, and my beloved maus to name a few that didn't make it past testing or the drawing board. thanks jim stug
TUCK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 49 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2003 - 02:20 AM UTC
What if? Is alot of fun. Nobody can tell you that your wrong. Also, it's nice to just build and have total fun with the finish of a project, kind of refreshes your outlook on the hobby. :-)
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2003 - 02:51 AM UTC
Ya know, before I was lured ( ) into this whole Twilight 2000 Campaign 'cult', I wouldn't have thought the 'what-if' thingie would be that interesting, at least anything more than just conversation.
BUT, I have to tell you all, you are definitely missing something over at the T2K Campaign!!
Even though it seems everyday I'm opening another kit box, I haven't had so much fun since I was single and had 'disposable' cash!
So, the 'what-if' idea applied to the Armour side of the site would be a hit I think.
Just my Farthing's worth.

Tread.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2003 - 08:21 AM UTC
Hi there

I find "what if'" aircraft fascinating. My main interest is WW2 era stuff and, while everyone seems besotted by the German paper projects, some of the Allied designs were equally outrageous! :-)

Then, of course, there's always the '50s and '60s when so many promising British projects were shelved, leaving the companies to go to the wall...

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP