_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
help with eduard colour number
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 01:22 AM UTC
o.k. further to a post i put up recentlt about the interior of the red barons triplane, on studying the instructions properly! it shows a wooden triangular panel with another colour called out for the fabric part of the fuselage. its given as H52/38 olivova, but there is no mention of what this might be in the little conversion chart. i imagine it could be an olive green, but do any of you guys know for sure? i mainly use humbrol enamels so if you have another eduard kit with this colour in the conversion chart i'd be grateful if you could let me know
cheers, phil
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 01:46 AM UTC
From the Laws of Modeling 101
16.) The kit instructions may be very interesting, (especially concerning colour notations) but are 95 % of the time irrelevant.

Triangular cheek fairings are varnised plywood.
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 02:39 AM UTC
law number 16 is oh so true!
in my other post you talk about clear doped linen, would this be a similar colour to, say a D.H.2's wings? that sort of buff colour? the triangular wood paneling i intend to give a wood grain effect to, using a process i've used previously, needless to say i'll post up in progress pics of what i'll do.
on a side note, i'm building this same aircraft in 1/8 scale, in wood and metal, its one of those partwork ones, every month i get four magazines with parts, up to now i,ve built 2 sets of wings and the engine (which is over 4 inches across!)
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

law number 16 is oh so true!
in my other post you talk about clear doped linen, would this be a similar colour to, say a D.H.2's wings? that sort of buff colour...

Yes just like my post above of the 1/48 scale Aerobase / DML kit crash.
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:24 PM UTC
nice one! now i can get stuck in to this one to get me back in the WW1 vibe, then turn my attention to the dual albatros kit
 _GOTOTOP