_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Duel: Warlock0322 Vs. EDC
EDC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 101 posts
AeroScale: 74 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 02:27 PM UTC
Time to start this duel hombre! :-)

Here is my entry: Academy's 1/32 Viper. All I can say is that there are a lot of parts and this may well take me until December 31st! The detail level looks amazing though.

I've made a start and will have progress pictures up soon.

Cheers,

Grant

warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 01:20 AM UTC
Now that you posted a pic of her I will know what to look for in the skies and lock on to..

Watch your six the don't call them "Scooters" for nothing you know...

Paul
EDC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 10:02 AM UTC
Here is my progress. I've finished the cockpit. It was a real work out for my (not so) steady hands. It needs a dullcoat, but I've run out.

The quality of the pics is not good I'm afraid, but there is not a lot of light around today, and my camera isn't up to this close in stuff. The kit is excellent so far anyway.

warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 01:03 PM UTC
Looking good Grant.. Seems you have a tad bit more done than me..

As promised though here is some of the stuff I have gotten done yesterday.. Not much there but it is a start at least..

The Kit:

The cockpit walls painted:

The seats and instument panels:

Hopefully I will get the office togather in the next 2 days and then it will be off into the wild blue yonder..

Paul
EDC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC
Looks excellent. Looking forward to seeing your progress. I've always loved the look of the Skyhawk.
EDC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 11:29 AM UTC
Developments: I won't be using the cockpit above, as I just got the aires cockpit set, which looks to have a bit more detail than the one in the box. Anybody used one of these who has any tips? This will be my first time working with a detail set.

I've also bought my first airbrush: how did I manage without it! :-)

Hopefully I'll have some update pics soon.
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 01:43 AM UTC
Grant:

All that great wrk on that cockpit and not goin gto use it!!! Well maybe you can put it in the case anyway. It looks to be model on to itself.. :-)

As for the resin pit.. I have not worked with them enough to help out on that.. I do know this though if you have to cut and sand it wear a dust mask and wet sand it as much as possible that resin dust can be a killer.

As for the Airbrush.. What kind did you settle on? I know when I first got mine that I was like a kid with a new toy. I wanted to Airbrush EVERYTHING!!!!!! Enjoy it though.If there is any questions about it just give a shout and we'll see what we can do....

Paul
stonely0
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 28 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 04:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Grant:
As for the Airbrush.. What kind did you settle on? I know when I first got mine that I was like a kid with a new toy. I wanted to Airbrush EVERYTHING!!!!!! Enjoy it though.If there is any questions about it just give a shout and we'll see what we can do....

Paul

Nice viper cockpit. i got a tammy 1/32 viper in my stash but haven't the will to work on it yet. saving it for this december. i'm now riverting my P-40B, back breaking task.

Nice feeling when you got your 1st airbrush... i can still remember mine and yes, i airbrush everything... till now too. but recently, i have develope a laziness on airbrushing... especially when i think of cleaning them after the work, that thought juz put me off on working on my bench. i guess it's one of those time again for a modeller... the 'block' and the 'no motivation' period.

chilling out now... enjoy your build and do keep us posted on your progress
EDC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2006 - 02:37 PM UTC
I've made a bit of progress. I'm waiting on the resin cockpit set, so I'm doing as much as I can before closing the fuselage. I've made up some sub assemblies and given them a bit of weathering. This is the slowest model I've ever made: I think I'm getting too picky. It took three goes to get the exhaust right! :-)

warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 03:30 PM UTC
Looking good Grant..Seems it is time being well spent so far..

I have made little progess since last post but I expect to out a dent in that today.

I would not say you are being to picky. When I work on a 1/32 beast I always have some little detail or take more time to get it loking better than say a smaller scale. I guess it is because the scale being bigger you assume that you can see more..

By the way how is the new Airbrush working out for ya..

Paul
EDC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

By the way how is the new Airbrush working out for ya..

The airbrush is great, I got a Badger. I'm looking forward to doing the main scheme with it. Getting the paint consistency right can be hard though, and some paints do not spray very well. I've also been experimenting with washes, and they are working out quite well.

The resin cockpit arrived yesterday, and the detail looks excellent. I've already trimmed the fuselage to allow it to fit, and I'll start putting it together and painting it this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some good pictures of progress sometime after that.
 _GOTOTOP