_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Rigging size for 1/48 scale
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / España
KitMaker: 243 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 04:34 PM UTC
Hi, I see some information about this, but I don´t sure about the rigging wire diameter for aircraft models to scale 1/48. Anyone can say me the aprox. size in order to buy the fishing line with the exact diameter . Thanks to everybody. Regards.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 07:23 PM UTC
Hi Miguel
I Think Stephen uses an invisible (smoke coloured) sewing thread, monofilament. 5 - 8 mil. Look for Lucky 13 thread “Rigging”.
I´ve use a elastic thread named Gold-zack. It goes very thin on the models, and that’s what I think you would go for at first hand. Does this riggingthread a give the plane the right look, or not. I´ve had seen beautiful planes lovely build, but the riggings have been just too heavy looking on the model.

So if it’s looking good, you do not tell your friend that the riggings have the wrong diameter.
Happy modelling
Lars
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / España
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 03:07 AM UTC
Thanks Lars. I am all right with your comments. But where I can buy this Gold-Zack thread line, I suppose is very difficult to find in Sapin. Do you know any shop (modelling shop) where I can buy it? The diameter is good for the 1/48 scale?
Thank you, Lars and...

PD. I send you one private message abone the fine strips (masking tape) in your DH2 model. If you like You can send me the response for this question in this same post. Thanks Lars for all and take patient with me. please.

and.....I had forget one question more about your DH2-Nieuport building. In the paint process of the wings, you say....

""""After 12 hours of drying i clean up the wing from residue of tape with clinic petrol"""

I don´t understand ..... The problem was by the masking tape? and what product is "clinic petrol" ?

Thanks Lars and sorry for so many questions.

regards from Spain.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 03:39 AM UTC
Hi Miguel......

I bought the Gold Zack thred and I've got a spare one. If you give me your address I'll send it to you....
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / España
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 02:43 PM UTC
Thank you very much Jan, it is a great detail with me. I'm going to send you my address by private message. I appreciate it very much. Let me know if you have any problems. Thanks Jan.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2006 - 05:41 PM UTC
No problem at all Miguel, I'm glad that I can help!
 _GOTOTOP