_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Academy's P-47N Underconstruction 1st batch
Thunderthud
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 07:39 AM UTC
Hello to all ! this is one of my latest ones underway! I got help with the cockpit color in a different post. You guys and gals were very helpful.The Paint I chose was HN3 Humbrol Deck Green, or it might be calle # 88. Thanks once again, and I'll be needing your help again once more(Lampie) as this is gonna be my test bed for Alcad NMF. Did any one ever try the True Details P-47 cockpit, I had fit problems!Hope you like! Also one more thing, I sprayed the cockpit a first time and didnt like it,so i started cleaning the paint off with Laquer thinner.Which was ok while i quickly used a stiff brush to remove the paint. its when I let a side wall (i'm sure you see it in pics) sit in the stuff that I almost had a heart attack. It started to soften the resin.
Motto is dont let anything sit in laquer thinner while you go to the bathroom!

lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 04:03 PM UTC
Hi Joe
Looking good so far. The only thing I would comment on is that the tub colour looks a bit bright,but this could well be the lighting.
Id be more than happy to help you with the nmf.
Andy (Bethyn) uses it a lot on his jets and would be able to give you plenty of advice about weathering, as my P47 was deliberately built with a pristine finish in mind.
My next nmf will be an Egyptian Sea Fury for the Suez Campaign and will be finished very differently to the Jug.Its a nasty little kit,,(PM Models), and its going to take a lot of filling and rescribing before I get to the Alclad stage,but I will be posting pcs when (if) it gets to that point and hopefully these will help your P47 builds.
Im no expert on nmf,,Im learning everything as I go as well
Looking forward to seeing your P47 develop, keep posting.
Nige
Thunderthud
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 09:00 AM UTC
Thanks Lampie i will post more as I progress.Yes your p_47 does look beautiful.What ive found some bulders like to keep there aircraft
show room condition,and some look like they made it through WW lll.well looking forward to seeing your next NMF. And yes the Flash did brighten things up a bit !

Joe
 _GOTOTOP