_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
Resin La-5 and La-5F
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 02:17 PM UTC

Vector are famous for their excellent resin engines - but they look set to cause just as much excitement among VVS modellers with their resin kits of the Lavochkin La-5 and La-5F. I think I''m definitely going to have treat myself to one or other of these when I get back from holiday - it can be my compensation for returning to London!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 03:36 PM UTC
Wow!

Rowan I envy you to have those 2 kits ... while Sergei may not be the most diplomatic person in the world he does an outstanding job with his products!

Sadly I do not have the money to buy those models ... and that is the only down side of the kits ... the price

Hopefully Zvezda will issue the La-5 FN this year so at least I'll have some kind of substitute

I am looking forward to your build report when you are back from holidays!

best wishes

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

I think you've summed it up perfectly; while some of Sergei's comments have certainly been controversial, his reputation for his own products is enviable.

The Lavochkin's aren't cheap! Neomega distribute the kits in the UK for £49.95, while Buffie's Best market them in the USA for $85.00. Hence my choosing one or the other! :-)

Another Lavochkin to look out for on the horizon is South Front's LaGG-3. I'm still unclear as to whether this is ICM's kit (which had disappeared from their release schedule last time I looked) - but it's an exciting prospect...

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi Rowan

I know the 2 distributors, but as I said 50 Pound Sterling (plus p&p) is a bit steep for me...

As for the LaGG-3 ... well I have a Ltd. models kit with the TD cockpit (La-5) and a built model which I planned to restore ... maybe not now as the new kits are there (or in sight) ... I do believe in a Zvezda kit as it was a whole site in the Russian catalog (I am also waiting for the Bf 109 and the 2 new figure sets .. one German and one Soviet WW2) but maybe it will be a reissue of the other kit. Sergei (or however you like his name to be transcribed into latin letters) already did a review over at HS forum ... can't remember the full content, but it was someting like

"I'm rethinking to issue my kit ..." :-) :-)

.. seriously not much good words (no interior ...) but IIRC the shape was not too much off and he smashed the eduard I-16, which I think is not too bad

Also the Zvezda La-5FN was only on a list I got .. nothing on their site or catalogue ... fingers crossed

have a nice time

cheers

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP