_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Desert Bf-109E Finally done
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 08:44 AM UTC
I have completed my Afrika Korps Bf-109. This I did for the 'Duel in the sky' campaign.
This is an old 1/32nd Matchbox kit that I found in an antique store and just had to pick up. There were a few minor fit problems here and there but overall this was a very fun build. I used some photo etch in the cockpit and a little bit on the exterior. The sand filter is scratch built.

Good modeling all,
Wayne

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 10:31 AM UTC
Sweeeeeeeeeeeetttt!

Who's crate, Neumann's or Joachim Müncheberg?

What made you decise to do the blotches hard-edge?

I gotta do one of these!
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 12:15 PM UTC
I destroyed one of these when I was about 11. I must say it looks spectacular!!!!
caanbash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 01:42 PM UTC
Hey Wayne,

This has come out pretty, I love it! I may build a 1/72 Afrika Korps Bf-109E within a couple of months for our Campaign "Kumpanya" in our Turkish forum (Turkorama).

By the way, our Kumpanya, leader of which is me, is about "kum" in Turkish, meaning "sand". In that campaign we are going to build something which includes sand as a dominant element. Your plane suits the concept, you have made it in its legal time... May be you can enter our campaign, too... All you have to do is to put your plane on some sandy runway or taxiway or parking area, and may be add a little taste with some plants or figures... What do you say? If you wish to enter our campaign just send me a private message and I will try to arrange things.
There are two things bothering me though, one, can one model be used in two campaigns, and two, can someone not from the community be a guest in a community campaign. I think I can arrange these issues if you decide to enter. We would be pleased to have a guest in our community site.

Awaiting your answer.
Regards.

Cagin
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 12:37 AM UTC
Thanks for all the compliments everyone

Quoted Text

Who's crate, Neumann's or Joachim Müncheberg?

I patterned this one after an aircraft flown by Marseille. The markings on the side of the 109 are not the same as his. I ended up using some of the ones I had on hand with the rest of the Afrika Korps and 109 decals.

Quoted Text

What made you decide to do the blotches hard-edge?

The hard edges came from a little lack of experience. I used liquid mask for making the spots and really wanted to have soft edges. I just didn't end up getting them that way. I chalk that up as a good learning experience. The camo looks great the way it is but I would have been a little happier with softer edges.

Cagin - That is a really nice offer but I wouldn't feel right joining up this late. I just don't think it would be quite right to join up in a campaign with an all ready build aircraft. And,like you, I am also not sure how it would work with one model in two campaigns. That doesn't seem quite fair. Thanks for your compliments and your interest, it is very much appreciated.

Good modeling,
Wayne
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 01:56 AM UTC
WOW!

That´s a beautiful Me-109!

I love those Afrika-cammoed 109´s, I have a Hasegawa Me-109 i want to do in this scheme!

Truly inspirational!

Happy Modelling!

Stefan E

_GOTOTOP