_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Discontinued kits you'd like to see again
daselim
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 03:17 AM UTC
Stealing a topic from the Armorama forums on OOP kits, (thanks Fitz) which discontinued aircraft kits would you like to see back on store shelves?

I build/collect only 1/48th scale WWII, so my list will concentrate there, but feel free to add anything at all.

1. Tamiya Avro Lancaster BI/BIII
2. Revell (Monogram) B-17E/F
3. Revell (Monogram) B-24G/J
4. Revell (Monogram) Me410
5. Revell (Monogram) C-47
6. MPM Fw189A
7. CA Bristol Blenheim Mk IV
8. Revell (Monogram) He111 H-22
9. CA Lockheed Hudson (all marks)

I realize that some of the (CA/MPM) are limited run, low pressure molds, so the chances of them returning are slim, and some of the other mold are gettign old, (Lancaster, B-17,B-24, C-47), but if these ever do come back on the 'new' market, I would definitely buy them.
WingTzun
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 05:42 AM UTC
The Matchbox 1/32 Lysander
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 02:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

1. Tamiya Avro Lancaster BI/BIII
2. Revell (Monogram) B-17E/F
3. Revell (Monogram) B-24G/J
4. Revell (Monogram) Me410
5. Revell (Monogram) C-47
6. MPM Fw189A
7. CA Bristol Blenheim Mk IV
8. Revell (Monogram) He111 H-22
9. CA Lockheed Hudson (all marks)

Hi David!

That's quite a nice list! I already reviewed the Blenheim kit (see here ) and will do the Hudson and the Fw 189 as well in the future. These are really nice kits. I call them "Christmas Kits" because when you open the box... it's like Christmas! Tons of parts! Plastic, resin, photo etched etc... If you find one for a good price, go for it! I think the MPM Fw189 can still be found on the net. I have the "special edition" with two resin Argus engines and additional details parts. The CA kits are much more difficult to find. If you really like Classic Airframes kits, don't wait too long before buying them!
I would like to see the C-47 as well. As for the B-17, Mirage Hobby (Poland) wanted to do an all new 1/48 tooling of it... but this information is two years old!
I wish ESCI's old Fi 156 would be reissued as well, like their Hs 123 kit. I have the original ESCI kit but there is room for two "Storches" in my collection...

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP