_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
F 14 Tomcat - Progress
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 08:46 PM UTC
This Tamiya 32 scale bird is a contract build, with a little alteration to it's nav lights, the enamels used on the overall fuselage is the USN Blue Grey, with the rudders painted in Night, both of these are from the Xtra Colour range, the decals are from the kit, the wing leading edge is the Alclad II 'Air Frame Silver'.

The wing and rudder nav lights have a BM Foil base, which when painted in the Clear Red and Blue respectively, they look a little more realistic.

The first pic shows a piece of foil with the clear red and blue applied as a test prior to painting the lenses on the wing tip of the model subject.

The following pix show the before and after from plain foil to painted nav lights.

Augie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 711 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 12:32 PM UTC
Built that kit a few years ago OOB and had a great time doing it, too! I ended up giving it as a present to my step-father with the Jolly Roger markings. (His name is Roger.) It has a place in their living room.

It was a fun build and I sure as heck learned alot of patience doing it! Your's is looking great, and hope to see more pics as you go!
jazza
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 03:41 PM UTC
Looks like its coming along well. I built the Revell Tomcat some years ago and didnt exactly do a great job on it so i might actually try this kit again. Am interested to see how you end up doing the panel lines.

Keep the progress shots coming.
 _GOTOTOP