_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Im NOT going to build this!?!
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 06:56 PM UTC
I just found this on Ebay and theres no way I could resist it.

Apparently its a limited edition of 2000.
This is the only time Ive bought a kit (2 kits) that I have no intention of building,and will be saved as a little piece of Airfix history.
Does anyone know anything about this little set?
Nige
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 08:49 PM UTC
any better pics nigel? its possible that this could be something that was only sold through the airfix club to members only. on the same subject i have a re issue of the old card headed BT-K spitfire (a squadron code that was only used by beaufighters!) that will never get built. plus don't you have an s6b in the spitfire box set? and as for the airfix MK1 kit you're the boss with that one!
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 08:57 PM UTC
Phil.
This is the pic from the Ebay page so no better pics till I get my hands on it Im afraid.
Theres a certificate of authenticity comes with it, so maybe there will be some more information on there.
I will be building the S6B,,indeed all of the 70th Anniversary set at some point ,and Ive got a couple more of the MKIa kits in my stash with the intention of doing a complete rescribe on one of them in the future as well.
Actually I reckon Ive got about 2 years worth of Spitfire builds in my stash,but as the saying goes,,,you just cant have too many,,LOL.
Ive been Googling this lovely little presentation set all afternoon and cant find anything about it at all.
Nige
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 11:38 PM UTC
found something that may help here-
[urlhttp://pws.prserv.net/gbinet.dbjames/kits.htm][/url]
together with this info
"In the 1980s, Airfix began again to package various kits into presentation packs, the most famous of which is the 1985 Model World of Airfix. It's not the two kits that make this presentation pack interesting - it's Arthur Ward's book that was included."
however the pic they have has a different style lid and different kits-but apart from that the actual box itself looks the same size.
the jetstream kit at the top is currently on a special offer only to members of the airfix club -i'm toying with the idea of joining to get my hands on one!
 _GOTOTOP