_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Supermarine Spitfire FR.Mk XIVE
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:40 PM UTC
This is the Hobbycraft 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire FR.Mk XIVE, built OOB, Painted with Xtracolour paints, kit decals used. Sliding section of the canopy is vac formed. This model has been waiting months for final details, but I finished it along with my D.520 and P47N.
I would be interested in comments on the finished camo on this and the Hurricane included at the end :-)

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk. IIC

:-)
Oberst
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:01 AM UTC
I am not an aircraft modeller but I can appreciate a good aircraft model. You have outdone yourself once again.
Nice work,
Andrew

slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
AeroScale: 305 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:12 AM UTC
My first look drew a Wow - Love it. Very nice chipping. Great overall painting.
One comment - The plane has obviously been worked pretty hard with the chipping and all, wouldn't there be some type of exhaust stain behind the pipes? I'm no expert and I've been wrong before so you decide.
I'll say it again - nice job. I love the 4th photo!!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My first look drew a Wow - Love it. Very nice chipping. Great overall painting.
One comment - The plane has obviously been worked pretty hard with the chipping and all, wouldn't there be some type of exhaust stain behind the pipes? I'm no expert and I've been wrong before so you decide.
I'll say it again - nice job. I love the 4th photo!!

:-) Absolutely right, like I say it's been waiting months for final details, one of which should have been exhaust and gun staining. It was after the excitement of getting 3 models finished in one day and taking the pics while there was a hint of sun, that I realised that I hadn't actually finished it. It will join the next model that receives staining in the spray booth.
Er thanks for noticing ............................. .............................. :-) ................................
Mal
 _GOTOTOP