Hosted by Rowan Baylis
polly scale vs testors acryl
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 09:50 AM UTC
Siderius AKA Russell here. A question to anyone. I am painting a P-51C with testors acryl aluminum. No problem there; however, when I paint first the wingtips sand (RLM79) as an undercoat for yellow; then paint yellow, both sand and yellow are polly scale, I find the coats don't take well. Could there be a bad interaction between the acryl and the polly scale?
Should I go buy a couple of bottles of acryl sand and acryl yellow so that they adhere better to the aluminum finish? Had this same problem with a Ki-84 "Frank" I was painting i.d. stripes on; the paint just seems to want to pull off like rubber. Any suggestions out there?
Don't know if testors acryl and polly scale don't "like each other" so to speak. Thanks for reading. Russell
Dirk-Danger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 162 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 01:32 PM UTC
Hey Frank,

Not used either of these but have similar problems in the UK with Alclad and Xtrcrylics. A light sanding of the area where the acrylics will be going has done the trick - just enough to give a key for the acrylic to grip on to. If you are already doing this then forget I was ever even here

Regards,

Lee
Dirk-Danger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 162 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 01:34 PM UTC
Sorry Russel - don't know where on earth 'Frank' came from....Still, I know I have been called a lot worse so I suspect you probably have too!

Lee
 _GOTOTOP