_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
DC130
Shinano
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hello every body! I can not beleive what good luck I had finding this site, I have been out of the hobby for about 23 years and just got back in. I just got a discontinued kit from Iteleria I beleive it's called, it is a 1/48 DC 130 Hercules with 4 drones, the problem is it has no instructions. I could take it back but it is to rare, can anybody help me in locating the instruction sheet
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:02 AM UTC
First of all, welcome to Armorama. Hopefully somebody here will have those instructions or point you in the right direction.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hi Shinano and welcome
Yep, this is a great site. Sorry can't help personally with the instructions but if anyone here can help they will. :-)
Mal
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:02 AM UTC
Sabot has just about every kit made, he should have the instructions for this one too...

If I'm wrong I did say "just" about every kit... If nothing else maybe they, Italeri, have it on archive???

But a C-130 in 1/48 that's got to be one big kit!!!

Welcome back to the one and great hobby!! Also welcome to the number 1 website for it!!!

Chief
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:03 AM UTC
Shinano,

Welcome to the site. I ran into the same problem on a Flower Class Corvette a few years ago and got help from a guy in IPMS UK. They have a guy they call "The Decal & Instruction guy." He supposedly has file cabinets full of kit instructions and decals. Unfortunately I do not have his address with me here in Sicily, but if anybody has a contact for the IPMS UK (england) they may be of some help. Did you also try writing or e-mailing the company? Sometimes they have copies on file. HTH
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 10:51 AM UTC
Hey Shinano.......more than likley someone on here will have the instructions, but in the mean time, try going over to the Testor's web site, as they are the North American distributor for Italeri kits.

Now I know the DC-130 is long OOP, my I have an Italeri kit here that has been OOP for awhile and never had any instructions....and I just did a reqest for it, and then about 4-5weeks later it showed up in the mail free of charge.....worth a shot....all they can do is say that its too old, that they don't have it anymore.....can't see it....as I would tend to think they keep all that stuff backed up on a computer somewhere, and just have to do a print run on that one instruction sheet.

Worth a shot!!
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 06:32 PM UTC
As I said before Shinano, if the DC-130 is indeed a kit they still produce, or even if it recently went out of production....you should be able to go to the Testors web site, as Testors is the North American distributor for Italeri, and request an original instruction sheet.....check over your kit carefully and make sure that there are no other broken or missing parts...as you can request up to 5 items if you need to.
Shinano
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 36 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 07:09 AM UTC
Thank you all for your help, I knew a good site when I see one. Lieutenant 96D4H59, can you please help me out, at Testors the DC130 is not listed. Let me know what is the easiest way for you to do this. Once again thank you all!
Shinano
 _GOTOTOP