_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
FEATURE
A visit to Signifer
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 05:15 AM UTC

Amongst the Short Run and Resin manufacturers which are producing some of the most original and detailed kits, there is Signifer. This summer, I was given the opportunity to make a visit to M. Meissonier and take a look behind the scenes.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 03:15 PM UTC
Jean _ Luc Thanks for bringing this to the light of day, very informative. I am familiar with resin casting and know Eric Hight from Copper State Models. I swear I have heard him make identical comments on the very same subject. It seems smalll business' like resin companies all face the same problems.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 04:44 PM UTC
Hi John-Luck

Great read ... i like such stories!

Some notes: Could you please change the bottom nav bar ...the numbers of the following sites are hardly visible. .... I saw Stephens comment and thought "what tthe heck he is talking about" .. I had to search a moment to find where I had to click ... that maybe does not speak for myself, so if I am the only one who gets fooled from time to time .. it is maybe lack of intelligence ...

If you look for a subcontractor ... better do not give it to eastern companies, at least make sure you have a contract that assures your intellectual property ... I wonder how Jules Bringuier, Mr. Classic Airframes, protects his rights ... this is from experience (luckily not my own but from a friend) and is not aimed against anyone here .. In one of the cases I know the model was faster out under another label than the customer got the parts he had ordered (and he was providing all the research and so on)

cheers

Steffen
MiamiJHawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 05:08 PM UTC
Greetings Jean-Luc:

A very interesting article, a good read, and well written. Thanks for taking
the time to present it.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 03:44 PM UTC
Hi all!

Thanks for your kind comments!

Yes, the modelling business is a jungle. Sometimes one can live peacefully in it and sometimes one is eaten by predators. Always keep in mind, when complaining about the price of a resin kit, all the work involved in designing and production...

Steffen, unfortunately I can't change the bottom nav bar. You must ask the Big Boss for that!

If you have any contacts with small (or big) manufacturers, don't hesitate to write a feature about it...

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

thanks for the info .. i won't ask Mr. Starkweather, as we seem to collide always when we have a communication try .. I just will have to live with it and miss one or another page of the articles.

best wishes from rainy Schwerin

Steffen
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 06:23 PM UTC
Nice article Jean Luc, interesting reading it.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 07:30 PM UTC
Great article Jean-Luc! Keep them coming, they're always a interesting read.....
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2006 - 11:20 PM UTC
Hi all!

Thanks again for your kind words!

I just noticed the Signifer feature was the most read article in the past weeks (see here ).

I think M. Meissonier will be happy to know that!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP