_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
In need of some pics for a Bf 109 G-6
Mattcooke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 289 posts
AeroScale: 29 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 08:27 PM UTC
Hi guys, I'm trying to find some pics of this Bf 109 or some pics of someone that has built this one: It's the first one.Here's the information I got with it: "Yellow 1";Bf 109 G-6;W. Nr.440141;9./ JG 54;February 1944;Ludwigslust,Germany Also was flown by Oblt.Wilhelm Schilling. Thanks in advance. Daniel
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 08:40 PM UTC
Hi Daniel

what do you want to know?

There is a picture of that machine in the instructiuons of the decal sheet. It is the only published pic I remember (it is also in Prien/Rodeike, Bf 109 F,G,K series, Schiffer, pg.126 .... IIRC also in one of the da.. Osprey AoA booklets)

best wishes

Steffen
Mattcooke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 09:03 PM UTC
Hi Steffen,

basically what I want to know is how the camo is on the wings.I don't have a pic of the wings and need to know.If someone could help me out that would be great.

Daniel
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hi Daniel

why don't you trust Mr. Crandell .. his poducts are not free of errors (who is) but generally very well researched.

The picture (left side) does not show the "zigzag" or sawtoth pattern so I would go with the standard pattern (or as per decal or kit instructions ). The left wing is correct in the decal instructions and the other cannot be seen. if you run into such problems often (well, assuming you are a LW fan), you should buy the 2 Vol. Luftwaffe camouflage and markings 1933-45 by Kenneth A. Merick. There is much about methods and standards in this work ...

I must say, I do not understand your problem ... only in very rare cases you will have a machine fully covered with photos in 6 side view .. if you gat a nice 8 o'clock shot as this one you can be quite happy .. often you must approximate much out of several close up pix.

best wishes

Steffen

Mattcooke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 09:52 PM UTC
The thing I just needed was some help on how the camo was on the wings.I already got my answer from another forum.I don't have the instruction sheet because I got it as a partial.That was my only problem.Was the wings.Nothing else.Thanks again though for your help.

Daniel
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:04 PM UTC
Hi Daniel

O.k. I see ... you should have written that in your first post ... I would have spared you any bg info and just posted that instruction part

I am glad you got the right information ... Anthony's model is great, isn't it :-) :-) :-)

best wishes

Steffen
Mattcooke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:34 PM UTC
Yes it is.Thanks again for your help. See ya on the forums.

Daniel
 _GOTOTOP