_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Rigging, how to?
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 01:13 PM UTC
Hi all,

Can any one help?

I have done a search but came up with loads of mention of rigging but no how to. Is there a how to guide some where on the site for the complete WWI novice?
I'm about to start a 1/72 Toko Nieuport 11 and would like to know what needs to be done regarding the rigging before I start painting and glueing. I will be using invisible thread, correct?

Ciao
Luciano
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 01:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
Can any one help? I have done a search but came up with loads of mention of rigging but no how to. Is there a how to guide some where on the site for the complete WWI novice? I'm about to start a 1/72 Toko Nieuport 11 and would like to know what needs to be done regarding the rigging before I start painting and glueing. I will be using invisible thread, correct?
Ciao
Luciano

Greetings Luciano,

There are several threads here describing different methods. I have posted some bits and pieces as well. We are still new enough to have a ten page history so the search is easy. Here is one thread.
Discussing rigging

I also have a complete how to on my website. It has lots of images and text.
Click Here
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 06:23 PM UTC
Thanks Stephen,

That helps a lot, now to work out the correct postions for the holes.

One other question, if painting silver dope (Italian aircraft) do you just paint it silver?

Thanks
Ciao
Luciano
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 03:00 AM UTC
To keep the grain of the silver "inscale" for aluminum dope I use "Testors Model Master Aluminum Buffing" spray. After its dry I use "Testors Dullcote" spray overall. To bring back the "shine" for bare metal areas just use clean thinner on a brush to wipe away the Dullcote. Then use a semigloss to brush on the "metal areas.

Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 01:14 PM UTC
Thanks Stephen, I will have to try masking and painting the metal areas before or after as I only use acyrilics, my modelling area does not have very good ventilation and enamals give me a blinding head ache after 5 minutes use even when I have tried using them next to an open window.

Ciao
Luciano
 _GOTOTOP