_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Well it had to happen one day.....so...Hello
jlmurc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 04:53 PM UTC
Hi to all,
I thought that as I am likely to be frequenting with and spending time with the shiny things that fly group instead of the Armour Forums, that I should say hello.

So with that, John here, 46, modelled for almost 40 of them and about to have a change and build the Tamiya 1/32, F16CJ. This is a big job as it is a commission and has to be modified using conversion parts to turn it into an Isreali bird of prey and doubtless might need to lean on others for help and knowledge as I progress. Also if I post pictures of the bird on the Armour forums, people will probably take the mick for my being lead astray.

I hope that it will be as much fun here and I can make many more friends, just like with the other crowd.

Starting after Christmas, or the wife gets a little shirty, but I just thought I should introduce myself as I get in the mood to start on this big project.

John
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 06:29 PM UTC
Hi John!

Welcome to the Big A, glad to have you aboard!

Here´s lots of friendly, talanted and helpful people to share your problems with, so just don´t be shy to ask If you ever need advice!

Please, let us see your progress too!

Cheers!

Stefan E
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 06:29 PM UTC
John

You are not the only one who has been tempted to the dark side of wingy thingies - the chaps over here are just as friendly as the guys at armourama - enjoy your stay and have fun

Andy
jlmurc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 07:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

John

You are not the only one who has been tempted to the dark side of wingy thingies - the chaps over here are just as friendly as the guys at armourama - enjoy your stay and have fun

Andy

Wonderful..........so I am not the only one to succumb to these shiny, whizzeeeee things.

So I am likely to soon be at home then.

It doesn't mean that I will not build lovely dirty armour in the future though!

John
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 07:40 PM UTC
Welcome onboard John!
Good to see you building a wingy thing,,but if memory serves me right its not the first time,as I remember you sending me some PE Luftwaffe seatbelts earlier this year
You know the rules..........photos photos photos :-)
Nige
jlmurc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 07:51 PM UTC
Nigel,
Many thanks for the welcome and I hope that those bits and bobs that I sent you will come in useful.
It is a long time since I have really had a decent aviation subject to get into and to be truthful, I am looking forward to the change, although tempered with a little trepidation as I have to cut into an expensive kit to add the Isradecal updates and weapon sets.
The Eduard pre-coloured cocpit additions look really excellent. I am just waiting for some oxygen hoses to arrive.
A different chellenge, but a very different build from armour and in the end it will be a welcome addition, especially as it looks better than Tamiya F15, which was a beauty, which I built some years ago.

Pictures, well you know how I like my camera.

John
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 07:18 PM UTC
Welcome John

I am, like you will start to, building planes once in a while for variation and because some these things are really really cool

Just finished a Hasegawa 1/48 F-16C in Israeli colours myself. Not really entirely correct on all the fittings and markings, but it was fun and looks good to me.
jhoog59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
AeroScale: 129 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 08:39 PM UTC
You can save yourself alot of work in the cockpit by painting everything except the rear bulkhead and floor black. The aft bulkhead and foor are the standard nuetral grey on Isreali planes.
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 05:29 PM UTC
Nice one I'm currently building the "Thunderbirds" version and enjoying every minute of it. I would love to do the Israeli version as I've always loved the camo scheme. must see some pics.
 _GOTOTOP