_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Service to you.
Dan-San
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
AeroScale: 28 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 04:37 AM UTC
Gentlemen:
My name is Dan-San Abbott. I am a modeler, and at present I am making a model of the U.S.S. Constitution, plank on frame as near as possible to 1814.
My primary interest is World War 1 avaition, with a greater knowledge of the German Fliegertruppe and Luftstreitkräfte. I have entensively studied personal and Jasta markings of the German fighter aircraft. Further I am also interested in the Fl.Abt., Fl.Abt.(A) and bombing squadrons. Just recently I collaborated with Rick Duiven on a book about the Schusta protection flights and the Schlasta, Battle Flights. The book is out and is titled SCHLACHTSTAFFEL! It has 400 pages, 220 photographs, 18 pages of color and line drawings of all the aircraft used by these units.
Also I have drawings in 1/72 scale in color of of most of the Jasta aircraft and 1000 plus line drawings. I have two catalogs:
Unit and Personal Markings of the German Air Force,1914-1918. 23 pages, color drawing and price list $11.00. USA post paid. Foriegn orders, $14.00 post paid.
Three View Drawings of German 1914-1918 aircraft, 8 pages line drawing and price list, $7.00 USA post paid, foriegn orders $14.00 postpaid.
I believe I can help you with question about aircraft production, serial numbers, what units had what type of aircraft, technical data on these aircraft. I believe I can help you. (I am also interestedin the German Airships.)
Blue skies,
Dan-San
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 09:51 AM UTC
Nothin up my sleeve poof! Ladies and gentlemen the fellow I told you about. I have known Dan for about 23 years. Glad to see you here old friend.

From the Modeling in Spruce and Linen thread "...I have persuaded a top notch research fiend and historian to report for TDY here abouts..."
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:00 AM UTC
ANY friend of Stephen is a friend of mine.... Hi and welcome to the house of fun matey.....
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 12:54 PM UTC
WW1 aviation was one of those things I looked very quickly at in books and such, untill Stephen started teaching us mere deadbeats (speaking for myself) about all of the different things of WW1. Now I can actually understand a bit and am thinking about doing some WW1 modelling, something that was extremely foreign to me before!

Welcome to the Kitmaker family, especially Aeroscale!

Cheers!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 01:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ANY friend of Stephen is a friend of mine.... Hi and welcome to the house of fun matey.....

Same here!

Welcome to Aeroscale Dan-San! I'm looking forward to your contributions!

Jean-Luc
Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 02:36 PM UTC
Hello Dan-San,

I just got to know about your new book yesterday. Very interesting subject. It is not available in Holland yet, but I will sure buy a copy as soon as possible!

Greetings, Nico Teunissen
Dan-San
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
AeroScale: 28 posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 01:48 AM UTC
Gentlemen:
Thank you for the warm welcome.
The publisher of SCHLACHTFLIEGER! is Schiffer, I believe they have a European website. I have a detached feeling when I read the book, it is as I am reading someone elses work. I must commend Rck Duiven, he lead the way for this fine book. We are especially proud that we have plowed some virgin ground.
I started collecting data on the Schusta/Schlasta fifty years ago at U.C. Berkeley Engineering Library. They had one hell of a collection of books on WW1 aviation.
Blue skies,
Dan-San
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 08:32 PM UTC
Here Dan San is pointing out the finer highlights of a modern reproduction Fok. (Alb.) D.VII.
 _GOTOTOP