Modern aircraft of the United States.
F-5E Navy
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006 - 05:54 AM UTC
Hello people. I am working on an F-5E Navy Agressor and I want to paint it in Ferris scheme. Can anybody help me about the upper look? I have a photo from side but can't be sure about the top. I checked the F-4's and F-14's but they are also different then eachother. So please?
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 03:31 AM UTC
I use this site occasionally Don Colour

But I couldn't find the scheme for the F-5 agressor you were asking for. The scheme for the F-14 is there, but doubt that helps... sorry...
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 01:11 PM UTC
Please post the side picture so I can compare to photos.

Cheers
Wiz
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 05:00 PM UTC
Sorry for the delay on the response. Thanks Brian, I use the same source too but couldn't reach any conclusion from there.
Wizard, here is the link. I can't send the direct link, it doesn't work, so it is the first one on the top left corner: http://members.aol.com/svanaken/f5photos.htm Thanks guys...
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 03:56 AM UTC
Hi Jollyroger

Sorry, I couldn't find any pics that matched that scheme.

Good luck...
Wiz
Whiskey6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 408 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 04:31 AM UTC
I'm not sure how helpful this might be.......but.....

There is an F-5 Navy aggressor plane in a small museum near Cape May , New Jersey. I saw i tthere last summer, but did not have a camera with me. (sorry).

Perhaps someone on this site lives nearby and can go there to get some pics.

I will try to remember my camera the next time I am in that area visitiing my sister. They aslo have a nice N3N-3, SNV, TBM, A-4 and a few helos.

Dave (Whiskey6)
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 01:34 AM UTC
I don't know why I have latched on to this, but I have scoured all of the sites I normally visit and haven't been able to locate anything near this scheme.

But it does look like it is a two tone with a medium grey and a pale sky blue. It seems like no one would be able to disput you however you make it. My guess is it looks exactly the same on the other side with no marking on the bottom of the a/c. Thats how I would do it anyway...
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 01:45 PM UTC
Thanks very much guys. Intresting how I always menage to find the most unfindable schemes:} David, I would really apriciate if you take photos of the plane sometime, I want to build it some time but now I will paint my little birdy oob I guess.
Brian, I agree with you with the markings but I am afraid I can't join you on the paint scheme. Ferris patterns generally go asymethrical. I don't want to risk it(I realy don't know how I became a realistic maniac from the little boy who paints AFV kamoflages on F16s). Thanks anyways guys. Good health
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2006 - 04:41 AM UTC
I checked several Aggressor books and a couple profile books as well as Squadron's F-14 in Action and could only find a couple side images of this scheme. I did just find this site with the following F-14 pattern. I'm sure the F-5 was very close.
 _GOTOTOP