_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Just wondering about 2007.........
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 215 posts
AeroScale: 120 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
I was just curious as to whether upcoming 2007 campaigns and group builds will be posted soon so that we can determine which ones to participate in. I realize that this airplane site is still being organized so I understand that they havent been posted on the campaign page yet. Maybe i'm not looking in the right location? Anyway, I'm not trying to push anything, was just wondering about 2007.

Thanks in advance for info in regards to this matter!

-=S=- Blackwulf

P.S. forgive me if 200 people have already asked this question.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 02:35 AM UTC
I'm in for a helicopter campaign
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 03:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

forgive me if 200 people have already asked this question.

Hi Patrick!

In fact, not 200 people have already asked this question but probably 200 people are waiting for a final decision on that matter. This should have happened two weeks ago but the Staff (me included) was very busy lately. Give us a few days and we will get things organized. But I think that the following campaigns will be the first to take place in 2007 (January-June):

- Helicopters (Special Campaigns)
- F-14 Tomcat (Modern Campaign)
- Vietnam (Cold War Campaign)
- Down Low - Strafing and Tank-Busting (WW2 Campaign)
- Bloody April 1917 (WW1 Campaign)

It would be nice to have members volunteering as Campaign Leaders now. In fact it would be better to have at least two Campaign leaders as often one disapears in the middle of a Group Build, leaving the participants and the Staff in a difficult situation. Currently there are five Campaigns running (you didn't notice?) but only two are somewhat active (Fighters Under the Midnight sun and the Duel Campaign). I won't comment on the others...

Starting a Campaign is not having fun for a couple of weeks and post some messages saying; "I'm gonna build this", "I'm gonna build that", "this could be a cool build" etc... a Campaign is also work, engagement and honesty. Both from the Campaign leader and the participants.

Think about this if you want to volunteer as Campaign Leader or if you want to participate...

Sorry if I'm a little bit "offensive" on that matter, (of course it's not aimed at you Patrick), but I really don't want to see the 2007 Campaigns end like some of the current ones. I really don't know how we will award the ribbons for the "Bombs Away", "Suez Stripes" and "Wild Weasels!" Campaigns.

Jean-Luc
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 03:32 AM UTC
jean-luc whats the official status of the bombs away campaign? i've been quietly building an entry that should be finished for the deadline. one small problem i have at the minute (that also affects my hawk 75 duel entry) is that i am without a digital camera at the moment (but its nearly xmas if any of my family are reading this HINT HINT!) so my updates and general postings have tailed off a little, but i have made some progress and should get done in time for the deadline
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 02:33 PM UTC
Very nice.

I will definently participate in the Vietnam and Tank busting campaign. Phantom II and Stuka

@Jean-Luc:

I could probably try to run one of the campaigns. Fx. Tank busting? What is actually required? What tasks needs to be fulfilled? I could easily keep track of people, answer questions, put up some rules for the campaign etc. I am on the forum almost daily anyway

However, my computer skills are not good enough to fx. design the ribbon, do any programing etc.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 04:49 PM UTC
With ref to the Suez Campaign,,what happened to Polar Bear.
He seemed to be running the campaign very well with regular updates and I havent seen him around for weeks now.
Hopefully hes still around somewhere in the frozen north
Nige
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 215 posts
AeroScale: 120 posts
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 05:02 AM UTC
Jean-Luc,

I wouldnt mind being a campaign leader but I couldnt do it until the second campaign set of 2007. I would also need to learn as I go since I have never led one. I would volunteer to help SGTJKJ run the tank busting campaign coming up but only as second in command. Might be a good way to learn the system. I work in the construction field and sometimes have days or weeks where I am really busy. I have committed myself to getting back into the hobby and this is a good place to keep you motivated. If you wouldn't mind, could you maybe send me a private message with a moderately detailed(lol) list of things a campaign leader should do to keep a campaign alive and healthy. Thanks for any help you can provide!!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 12:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

jean-luc whats the official status of the bombs away campaign?

No idea! There is no Campaign Leader anymore and the only one who is currently building a model for this Group Build is Phantom2. You may take a look at his thread here, I think he feels a little lonely...
I managed to find a list of completed model in the "Official" thread (not updated since September 21st) over at Armorama:
Bethelyn (Andy)... 48th Betty
Klimmer (Ted)... 48th B25
TankCarl (Carl)... 72nd B49
DarkTrooper (AJ)... 48th Avenger
csch (Carlos)... 48th Mosquito FB Mk VI

Quoted Text

With ref to the Suez Campaign,,what happened to Polar Bear.
He seemed to be running the campaign very well with regular updates and I havent seen him around for weeks now.
Hopefully hes still around somewhere in the frozen north

Nigel, I think the Suez Campaign is "frozen". Polarbear found a nice girlfriend and obviously modelling is not something important for him anymore. While I understand and accept this, it would have been nice to inform us! The first time he disapeared, I was really concerned and feared something bad happened to him... after all it's maybe the case! :-)
The problem is that his Group Build is not only an aircraft Campaign but a lot of armor modelers participated as well. The official "Thread" is over at Armorama and I really don't know who actually finished something for this Campaign. I'm totally in the dark!?
And don't ask me about the "Wild Weasels" Campaign, I don't know if there is even an "Official" thread for it...

Quoted Text

I could probably try to run one of the campaigns. Fx. Tank busting?

Thanks Jesper! We will need any help on the Campaigns!

Quoted Text

I would volunteer to help SGTJKJ run the tank busting campaign coming up but only as second in command.

Same as above!

Quoted Text

What is actually required? What tasks needs to be fulfilled? I could easily keep track of people, answer questions, put up some rules for the campaign etc. I am on the forum almost daily anyway

However, my computer skills are not good enough to fx. design the ribbon, do any programing etc.

Quoted Text

If you wouldn't mind, could you maybe send me a private message with a moderately detailed list of things a campaign leader should do to keep a campaign alive and healthy.

The role of the Campaign Leader(s) is to motivate the participants, animate the "official" Campaign thread, post some replies regularly, keep track of the entries (started, finished), post updates and status reports, provide help on rules etc... No programing is necessary! You just have to know how to start a thread, how to post a message and a picture and that's all! If you don't know how to design a ribbon, ask the participants of your Campaign and someone will surely come up with a nice idea. Once the Campaign is finished, the Campaign Leader will have to award the ribbons and that's it... no more, no less.

I think that for the next Group Builds it is important to build up a Team rather than to rely on only one Campaign Leader.

Jean-Luc
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 01:28 PM UTC
i'm a fairly regulary user - lurk more than i post - more than willing to be part of the campaign team - The Down Low campaign floats my boat.

Let me know what i can do to help.

Andy
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 02:51 PM UTC
Hi Jean Luc
Im more than willing to volunteer my services on this.The same as Patrick though..because of demands on my time I would only be able to do it in an "assistants" capacity at first.
However,,I do have plenty of internet access while at work so if the job involves monitoring the campaigns progress and keeping the threads active and interesting Id have plenty of time to do that.
Nige
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 10:18 PM UTC
jean-luc, i just put a post in stefans thread to let him know i'm building a kit for this campaign too so that makes two of us.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc, Blackwulf and everybody else

I suggest that I start the Tank busting Campaign/tread together with Blackwulf. I feel confident I can do this and coordinate with Blackwulf. The only thing where we might need some help is on the ribbon, but this should be a minor problem.

I will try to write the description of the campaign today and run it by Blackwulf and Jean-Luc by email.
@Jean-Luc and Blackwulf: I will PM you for your emails.

I am thinking a Stuka and maybe a Henschel 129 for my entry.... But that can be discussed in a tread about the campaign.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2006 - 04:34 PM UTC
I see Polar Bear has posted on the Suez Campaign thread today,,so It looks as though he will be winding up the campaign and awarding ribbons as planned.
Nige
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

- Helicopters (Special Campaigns)
- F-14 Tomcat (Modern Campaign)
- Vietnam (Cold War Campaign)
- Down Low - Strafing and Tank-Busting (WW2 Campaign)
- Bloody April 1917 (WW1 Campaign)

Listen, no criticism whatsoever but is there no large overlap between a helicopter campaign and the Vietnam campaign?

I know that other planes where used in Vietnam but the helicopter seems very closely linked to that conflict
Clanky44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
AeroScale: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 05:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

jean-luc whats the official status of the bombs away campaign?

No idea! There is no Campaign Leader anymore and the only one who is currently building a model for this Group Build is Phantom2. You may take a look at his thread here, I think he feels a little lonely...
I managed to find a list of completed model in the "Official" thread (not updated since September 21st) over at Armorama:
Bethelyn (Andy)... 48th Betty
Klimmer (Ted)... 48th B25
TankCarl (Carl)... 72nd B49
DarkTrooper (AJ)... 48th Avenger
csch (Carlos)... 48th Mosquito FB Mk VI

Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc

I took over the Bombs Away campaign briefly when the Campaign Leader went missing, hoping that he would return to complete his tasks. Unfortunately this was not the case, as far as my participation within Armorama/Aeroscale.... my work saw me spend most of the second half of the year away from home. I haven't touched a model in about three months. I arrived home last night and will be home for the next week and a half. I'm looking forward to getting back into a few of the campaigns and with luck finish them.

P.S. Your list for the completed Bombs Away looks pretty thorough, but it is missing Sabot's entry. Both his and DarkTrooper where exceptions to the multi-engined rules.

P.P.S. I know it can be frustrating to see the sporadic participation of some of us users. Please keep in mind that some of us have jobs and/or other personal reasons that prevent us from spending more time than we would like at this hobby.

Frank
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Listen, no criticism whatsoever but is there no large overlap between a helicopter campaign and the Vietnam campaign?

I know that other planes where used in Vietnam but the helicopter seems very closely linked to that conflict

Well, I am planning a F-4 Phantom II for the Vietnam campaign, so there is at least no overlap there.

I could imagine that there would be a lot of more modern helicopters for the helicopter campaign than just the Vietnam types. I am thinking Hind, Apatche and some of the modern Russian types which I cannot recall the numbers of right now.

Concerning the Tankbuster campaign: I will be running that one with Blackwulf. I have already outlined everything about the setup, rules, regulations etc, but is awaiting Jean-Lucs feed back. Since it is the first campaign I run I will just check the setup with Jean-Luc first.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know it can be frustrating to see the sporadic participation of some of us users. Please keep in mind that some of us have jobs and/or other personal reasons that prevent us from spending more time than we would like at this hobby.

Hi Frank!

My rant wasn't aimed at you. Of course I know there are more important things in life than model building. But a simple note from one of the Campaign Leaders of the Bombs Away, Suez and Wild Weasels Campaigns would have been nice. Something like: "Sorry guys, but due to personal reasons, I'm no longer in the position to run that group Build. Please find someone else to act as Campaign Leader." Is it too much asked?
I really hope everything is fine with them though... When somebody disappears simply like that, I can't help myself to feel concerned.

Quoted Text

Hi drabslab!

I don't think so. If we only start a Vietnam Campaign, I couldn't enter my Focke Archgelis Fa 223 or my Sikorsky R-4. A dedicated Campaign could allow us to build all the helicopters, from the first to the last ones.

Quoted Text

Concerning the Tankbuster campaign: I will be running that one with Blackwulf. I have already outlined everything about the setup, rules, regulations etc, but is awaiting Jean-Lucs feed back. Since it is the first campaign I run I will just check the setup with Jean-Luc first.

Hi Jesper!

Sorry if I didn't replied (I thought I did ). As far as I'm concerned I would say your proposal is accepted and you are the Campaign Leader of the Tankbuster Campaign. I will make the necessary next week.

We still have to find Campaign Leader Teams for the other Group Builds. We won't start new Campaigns without...

Jean-Luc
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 03:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jesper!

Sorry if I didn't replied (I thought I did ). As far as I'm concerned I would say your proposal is accepted and you are the Campaign Leader of the Tankbuster Campaign. I will make the necessary next week.

We still have to find Campaign Leader Teams for the other Group Builds. We won't start new Campaigns without...

Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc

Great news. I am looking forward to get started.

Thanks a lot.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 03:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jean Luc
Im more than willing to volunteer my services on this.The same as Patrick though..because of demands on my time I would only be able to do it in an "assistants" capacity at first.
However,,I do have plenty of internet access while at work so if the job involves monitoring the campaigns progress and keeping the threads active and interesting Id have plenty of time to do that.
Nige

@Nigel
What is your interest in running the Vietnam campaign with me? I can write up the description, rules, regulations etc. if you would like to help out keeping the tread and the campaign alive.
I will get into the cockpit of my F-4 Phantom II and run the campaign with you as close air support :-) :-)

Would that be a solution to get the Vietnam campaign rolling?

@everybody and Jean-Luc
I can run both campaigns especially if I have Nigel to support the Vietnam campaign. Patrick has already agreed to support the Tank busting campaign so this will be no problem.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 02:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@Nigel
What is your interest in running the Vietnam campaign with me? I can write up the description, rules, regulations etc. if you would like to help out keeping the tread and the campaign alive.
I will get into the cockpit of my F-4 Phantom II and run the campaign with you as close air support

Would that be a solution to get the Vietnam campaign rolling?

Hi Jesper.
PM me and let me know what you have in mind

Nige
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 02:45 PM UTC
@Nigel: *Bump* PM send
 _GOTOTOP