Modern aircraft of the United States.
F-16C Cockpit Set?
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 08:27 PM UTC
I'm currently looking for a good resin cockpit set for my Hasegawa F-16C in 1/48. So far I have seen Aires and from Black Box but I don't know which is better in terms of detail.

Which one is better? Or can you suggest another brand?

TIA
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 09:05 PM UTC
I cant comment on the F-16 detail sets but I have used both Aries and Blackbox detail set for the F-14. Both of the manufacturers sets are very well detailed and build together nicely the only real difference I noticed over here in the UK is the price (Blackbox is twice that of Aries for the Tomcat) end of the day it down to personal choice. I always find it better seeing the item in real life so i can decide whether i like it or not.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:44 AM UTC
Hey Ralph long time man, how you doing! I looked around the net and found that many (95%) of those who used a resin cockpit choose to use the Black Box set. What most like about the set are the seat(s) and instrument panels. On builder says the BB tub is narrow, but makes a good fit into it’s fuselage. What ever your choice is please be sure to post and up-date with your build.

Happy Holidays,
Joe
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 02:33 AM UTC
Hi Joe! Yeah, been a while. I've been hanging around with the Armorama boys. It's time to strap on to wing things again. My armor to aircraft ratio is 10:1 :-) :-)

Maybe I'll stick in with BB, as my local shop has this manufacturer on stock. Hopefully they have the 16C cockpit Will post them soon when I got the detail set, and that may be next year in Jan :-) :-) :-)
Dirk-Danger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 162 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 01:34 PM UTC
There's a review of sorts of the Black Box kit on modellingmadness.com - Scott doesn't appear to like the fact that the HUD appears far too high.

http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/mod/f16c.htm

I would also re-iterate Allens comments - price. I have used a couple of black box sets but only when I can get them cheap. I dont think that there is an awful lot of difference between Aires and Black box but what you will probably find is that most modellers in the US will use BB because they are cheaper and more readily available and most European modellers will use Aires for the same reasons.

Regards,

Lee.
 _GOTOTOP