_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
UH-60 L Quick question
seuss95b
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 11:08 AM UTC
I was wondering two things about the UH-60L. One: is there a proper load out of gear (personnal or issued) for this aircraft? Or is it empty of gear until loaded with cargo?

Two: What would be the best colors for the interior and exterior be for this aircraft?

Thanks in advance
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hello Sam,
For the colors of the 60L, Model Masters has a great line of paints. For the interior MM's Dark Gull Gray #4755 and MM's US Army Helo Drab #4723 are the best choice.

As for your first question, well I'm not sure what you mean. If your talking about the pilots well gear wise, it all depends. If they just go out on a mission not much is brought on. If they are travaling most often they own gear and what ever else is needed.

Most often gear is never left behind, it is secured by the Solider and personal. Now depending on what Black Hawk, some equipment is left on, such as First Aid kits, Fire Extinguishers, Medical Supplies and Littler Baskets and maybe a tool box.

Gino "HeavyArty" can elaborate even more as I never had the chance at one of these Helicopters.

The kit it's self is a gem, builds up beautiful. There are some great aftermarkets set out for her.

Good luck with yours,
Joe

wolfpack6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 04:08 PM UTC
Howdy Sam
If you need pics or info on the Hawk drop me a line, I work on them as a crew chief everyday.
[email protected]
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 05:19 PM UTC
Like Mother said in reference to the gear......Unless we are jumping our base then all you have is your personal equipment stored between the crew chief seats. Ie... helmet bag, small bug out bag. Each acft also has a laptop in a hard case and toolbox. Most also have AMSS (survival kits) Which is a hard tote box about 2.5 ft x2.5 ft grey or white in color. Also for us its standard to have a five gallon water jug and a ox of MRE's normally kept in the "hell hole" in the tail cone past the aft bulkhead.

Concerning the coloring of the helicopter. It is a dark OD green on the outside if its been painted receintly. Black in the cockpit and grey in the cabin area. The soundproofing is OD green usually faded and stained.
seuss95b
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 01:05 PM UTC
Thanks guys.
You help is great. I am excited to get started on this kit. I am a hugh fan of this aircraft.
About the gear, like in my humvee we had a required load of stuff we took every mission. And thought maybe it was the the same for the black hawk. But I am gonna try and build come of the stuff listed to include in this build.
Thanks again everyone I'd be lost with out the help!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP