_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Rules for the Aircraft Model of the Quarter
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 08:12 PM UTC
Aircraft Model of the Quarter (AMQ).

These are the rules for the new format MOM. Until we know whether or not we will get enough entries the competition will be run every quarter, Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec. It will be know as the “Aircraft Model of the Quarter” or AMQ.

Rules:
1. It is an online competition for pictures of model Aircraft.
2. Any member of the Kitmaker group of sites may enter.
3. The model entered must be your own work.
4. The model can be of any scale and from any time period.
5. The model must have been completed during the competition period, or just prior to the period starting (I’m thinking of say 4 weeks prior, but this could change).
6. Only pictures of aircraft with a plain background are allowed. (Sorry but this is to level the playing field, after all it is an Aircraft modelling contest). See rule 9.
7. The competition is in the form of posting a picture in the gallery (which I will create) and posting more pictures and a written account of how the model was built and what was used, in a thread started by you. Voting will take place in the gallery.
8. To enter simply post ONE picture of your completed model in the relevant gallery. (Go to the galleries, open the Aeroscale gallery, then the AMQ gallery, then open the gallery for the relevent quarter). Title the picture with what it actually is I.E. Fw 190D-9.
9. If you want to, open a thread in Aeroscale General modelling forum Titled “Callsign” AMQ entry Jan-Mar 07. Example Holdfast’s AMQ entry Apr-Jun 07. The pictures in this thread can include 2 pictures with the model in a diorama, on a base or with a digitally modified background.
10. All pictures must be no more than 650 pixels wide.
11. There will, at the moment, be one prize awarded to first place, A Harricature. (We are looking for sponsorship).
12. Staff members may enter but cannot win prizes. (If 4 staff members enter and take the first 4 positions then the first positioned, none staff member, will be deemed to have won, fifth place in this, unlikely scenario.
13. Voting will take place in the gallery, which will be enabled on the 15/16 of the last month of the quarter. This system will allow you one vote only, so use it wisely, it will not allow you to vote for yourself. All members of the Kitmaker group of sites may vote.
14. The aim is to have fun and to get more pictures of models of aircraft into the galleries.

Rules will be added to or modified if deemed necessary.

This is a “suck it and see” situation. If the amount of entries warrant it then it will become a monthly event again. If there are insufficient entries, or any hint of cheating, or attempts to cheat, then it will end.

I plan on using this as a means to get more modelling done, by aiming to enter every competition.

Best of luck to everyone.

Mal
 _GOTOTOP