_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Helicopter accessories
Jetdriver69
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:08 AM UTC
Could anyone tell me if there is a resin or photo etch set of a 1/32 or 1/35 scale XM-6 armament system available? This is the quad M-60 machine gun setup for the UH-1 gunship. I'm doing the Academy Huey Frog version, but the kit doesn't have the guns only rocket pods and grenade launcher. I'm sure i saw one online somewhere in the past, but i can't find it again. I've tried Dragon, Cobra, Verlinden, etc. Apart from the gun subsystem, what about scavenging the guns from a Revell UH-1H gunship? Apparently this kit is discountinued and hard to find. Also what about 1/32/1/35 scale PSP (Pireced Steel Planking) Any suggestions? Thanks.
grandadjohn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:47 AM UTC
I don't know of any quad M-60 subsystem in that scale. Both Revell and Academy have done the kit with mini-guns. You maybe able to convert some standard M-60's from weapons sets to work. Has for PSP check out Verlinden
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:28 AM UTC
Yeah as John mentioned there isn’t any aftermarket sets out. I maybe able to help you out with a set from the older Revell kit. Though it’s 1/32, it won’t matter that much or show it oversized. If you’d like them just PM me with your address and I’ll send them out to you.

As for the pierced steel planking, do a goggle search “1/35 Pierced Steel Planking’’ it did net a few hits.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:35 AM UTC
You could also get a few M60D doorguns (without front handguards) from the DML Vietnam Helicopter Crew set, or buy a few from Cobra Company and scratch the mounts for them, using the mounts and pillars from the Frog set. I did the very same thing using 3 M60Ds from the DML LSSC and one from the Helo Crew set. CC also has 7.62mm feed chutes in their XM-23 weapons set that Chris will sell separately as well. Send him an email and he should be able to help you out.

Verlinden used to make some PE PSP, not sure if they still do though.

Good luck.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2007 - 05:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Could anyone tell me if there is a resin or photo etch set of a 1/32 or 1/35 scale XM-6 armament system available? This is the quad M-60 machine gun setup for the UH-1 gunship.

May not help out Jetdriver69, but maybe someone else.

Cobra Company now offers a complete, 1/35 XM6 mount set in resin. It looks pretty good.
 _GOTOTOP