_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Normal 72 scheme
Cob
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 04:18 AM UTC
I'm a long time armor modeler. My son got me a Hasegawa 1/48 scale TF-104G for Christmas (apparently it looked "more cool" than the M4A2 I asked for) . I need a little help with the paint scheme for post war German jets. I know that the underside is RAL 9006, and the upper wings and fuselage are RAL 6014 and 7012. I have a huge collection of Tamiya paints and I would like use them.
I am looking for suggestions for best matches and/or custom mixes for Tamiya paints.
Thanks,
Cob
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 04:03 AM UTC
Cob

You could do a lot worse than look here for an answer

HTH
Andy
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 04:19 AM UTC
Hi Rob

In General the site of Jens Popp aka Don Color is almost invaluabel for camo schemes:

Don Color

he has also a wide range of acrylic colours in his programme. But as you are just looking for the cross reference I would also recomment the IPMS Stockholm site. BTW thats "Norm 72"

cheers

Steffen
Cob
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2007 - 01:32 AM UTC
Thanks guys,
I looked at IPMS Stockholm and 916 Starfighter which had a copy of the Don color chart. The paint reference chart at IPMS Stockholm has no match for the Norm 72 RAL colors to Tamiya paints. I was hoping someone who builds post -war Luftwaffe planes has their own custom Tamiya mix that matches the Don color chart. If not, I'll use it and my MK I Mod 0 eyeball to mix my own.
By the way I'm really enjoying the build. I might have to get another plane after this and put some of my armor projects on hold a little longer. Thanks again,
Rob
 _GOTOTOP