_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Over The Reich Group Build
Darson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 247 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 06:45 AM UTC
Hi all,

I was thinking of organising a group build around based around the theme of "Over the Reich". The time period I had in mind for the build was the 1944-45 period and would involve RAF & USAAF units (heavies and fighters) as well as the German Jagdwaffe.

I was thinking of running the build between now and the end of June this year but I need to know if there is enough interest out there to get started.

Any takers?

Cheers
Darren
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 04:30 PM UTC
Well, I am on for this one.

However, I think you should make it a real campaign and wait by launching it until the summer. Then it would be a campaign running from July to December.

Jean-Luc has earlier stated that we should not have more than 5 campaigns at a time. I tend to agree with him.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jean-Luc has earlier stated that we should not have more than 5 campaigns at a time. I tend to agree with him.

Hi Jesper!

Darren PM'd me about this and just want to make an "unofficial" Group Build so I think it's ok. We currently have some sort of "unofficial" Thunderbolt Group Build and I will start a mini Group Build myself with alpha-tango about ICM's new 1/48 scale Bf 109 F kit soon.
As long as an "unofficial" Group Build doesn't interfers with an "official" one I think we should encourage this kind of initiative.

Jean-Luc
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 08:28 PM UTC
Well, in that case I am on for the group build

Even though I still think this could have been a great campaign for the fall. Oh well...

I have an Eduards ME 410 viermot killer lying around. I thought, I bought the schnell bomber version. (that is what the box says) However, it turned out that I got the parts for the viermot killer, the instructions and decals for the schnell bomber and an extra set of masks and an extra set of cockpit clear parts.
Very strange mix, but apart from the wrong decals I am pretty satisfied. I have found the right instructions on Eduards homepage, so now I just need to find some decals. Have been unsuccesful so far.
 _GOTOTOP