_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
REVIEW
Henschel Hs 126
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 06:51 PM UTC

I was very excited as Fonderie Miniature announced the release of a Henschel Hs 126 kit in 1/48 scale. I always wanted to add this historically important Luftwaffe observation plane to my collection, but I must say I''m a little bit dissapointed by the kit. I know we can''t expect from F.M. to release models of the same quality level as mainstream manufacturers, but at least we can expect from them to improve the quality of their own products. Unfortunately it''s not the case with their Hs 126!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 07:32 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

I told you, but you did not listen ...

Still, I bet you make a masterpiece out of that garbage ....

I hope for a better MPM group release some day and maybe even a Storch will see the light (I know Gavia promised one for some years now...) until then you better go with a resin kit (MPM HML or WSW .. depending on what you can get)

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 10:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I told you, but you did not listen ...

Hi Steffen!

Ja, Ja! Ich nehme an Ich habe es verdient!

Quoted Text

until then you better go with a resin kit (MPM HML or WSW .. depending on what you can get)

Do you know the MPM HML kit? They have one at Moduni. It's expensive though... but probably better than the FM one!

But I think this time I will follow your advice and wait until someone of the MPM group will make a better one. If the same happens as for the Loire 130, it should be next year!

Fonderie Miniature will release a Hampden next... but I think this time I will wait for someone else to make the review first! Rowan? :-)

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 10:52 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

Ja, du hast es verdient suum cuique

Unfortunately I do not have the Hs 126 kits (neither). I have read the WSW is quite nice ... though I cannot remember where I read it ... .

The HML kit should be ok. I have the He 219 (which I bought for 200 D-Mark just a few months before the Tamiya came out and then I screwed the kit ... doh) .. but the kit was a good resin kit though a bit too tail heavy for a tricycle landing gear .. I guess that is no help, sorry

best wishes

Steffen

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 03:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fonderie Miniature will release a Hampden next... but I think this time I will wait for someone else to make the review first! Rowan?

Hi Jean-Luc

:-) I think not... making something half decent out of the Halifax should take me well past my retirement age!

Getting back to the Henschel - I'm gutted to read that the kit's as bad as I feared it might! No... actually, it seems worse! How could they do it to one of my favourite aircraft?...

Perhaps we should have a word with Eduard about finally releasing decent injected kits of this and the Storch...

All the best

Rowan
haldaneplace
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 11:34 PM UTC
Hello to all Henschel HS 126 cravers. The solution will be: buy the ICM kit which will be released about this year. Rumours say it will have the same part load as the Spitfires in their range (the price of 34.50 Euros hints at that...)
Best regards,
Haldaneplace
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hi Nikola,

Yes, I'm looking forward to see the ICM kit hit the shelves...

By the way, welcome to Aeroscale!

Jean-Luc
haldaneplace
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 02:10 AM UTC
Salut Jean-Luc,
thanks for your warm welcome ! Another recommendation: the latest Wellington XIV in 1/72 by Trumpeter and Valom's Hampden with extra bomb bay. I hold them in my hands and what should I say - excellent.

Alors, je te souhaite un bon weekend, mes meilleurs voeux de l'Allemagne, et jusqu'à la prochaine nouvelle édition sur le marché de maquettes...
 _GOTOTOP