_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
REVIEW
Loire 130M
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 02:53 AM UTC

Thanks to Staff_Jim and Jean-Luc for sorting out the code-glitch and adding the pics respectively... here, after a day waiting in the wings, is a look at Azur''s 1/48 scale Loire 130M flying-boat. A nice kit for experienced modellers looking for something a little bit "different" to add to their collections.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 03:45 AM UTC
Hi rowan

seems to be a nice kit ... for a MPM group edition ... too bad there is no German c&m included ...

BTW How's your He 112 going? (I have one of them too ... a really nice kit!! Though I have some problems to find more than 2 photographs, which are contradictory)

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi rowan

seems to be a nice kit ... for a MPM group edition ... too bad there is no German c&m included ...

BTW How's your He 112 going? (I have one of them too ... a really nice kit!! Though I have some problems to find more than 2 photographs, which are contradictory)

cheers

Steffen

Hi Steffen

Yes - it's got a few "issues" (as may be expected...) but it seems a lot more "mainstream" than the FM version that Jean-Luc reviewed...

Rest Model's He 112 is a beauty isn't it! It's joint-top of my New Year's resolutions list to get on with it! As you might imagine, my resolution list is wide - rather than long, with a lot of half-started kits shouting "Finish me!"

(Suffice to say, my '112 could be a topic for conversation amongst the colour-checkers... (Ruslan from Rest Models already disagrees with my interpretation... :-) - say no more!..)).

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 04:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Steffen

Yes - it's got a few "issues" (as may be expected...) but it seems a lot more "mainstream" than the FM version that Jean-Luc reviewed...

I bet it is (also see my PM) a plastic kit is still easier to work with than a resin kit, while OTOH. the Rest 112 kit is just amazing

Quoted Text

Rest Model's He 112 is a beauty isn't it! It's joint-top of my New Year's resolutions list to get on with it! As you might imagine, my resolution list is wide - rather than long, with a lot of half-started kits shouting "Finish me!"

I hear you ... I have several kits to be done in the coming two weeks, beside some articles and regular Website updates ... Nuremberg already throws a big shadow on me

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 04:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nuremberg already throws a big shadow on m

Hi again

I wish I could be there with you! There's probably no chance, because of my commitments at work, but there are so many exciting new kit projects I'd like to take an early look at...

Bring us back a report (as well as the one you do for IPMS.Deutschland)

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 04:58 AM UTC
Well now we are

I will not be there but I have to finish some stuff to have good arguments for the talks there. Furthermore I will update the news list once or twice a day while my pal Volker is there (LOTS of work as you might imagine) and I also hope to get some photos .. I'll post the links here, promised

My dream would be to get a test shot of eduards Bf 110 ... as I said a dream

All in all the smaller manufacturers are much more interesting than the big 3 or 5 .. OTOH Hasegawa and Dragon often bring news previously unpublished

also there is always some stuff that seems to be fake (as e.g. the 1/48 Zvezda La-5 FN from last year) .. OTOH e.g MPM group works down their schedule from 3 years ago ... we'll see ..

BTW I have heard of nice news from Legato/AZmodel in my scale, that could interest J-L too (injection moulded, ww2, French!) .... aaaah rumors ... I like it

as I said the shadow is already very biiig

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 05:45 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

Staying equally off-topic (but let's call it quits ), I can't promise a new La-5FN, but I might well dig deep into my wallet to review the Vector LaGG-3 for us all...

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP