_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Nuremberg news list
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 05:31 PM UTC
Hi all

As last year I'll try to publish news from Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg (Nuremberg Toy Fair). Here is a first list of news that we compiled from newsletteres, catalogues and forum entries. Many will be know to the freaks, but maybe there is one or another news that is also new to you (how about a new MS. 406 in 1/48 ...)

I'll update the list as often as I can, especially the military section is pretty empty right now. As soon as I get more pictures these will also be published.

Now here is the link: Nuremberg Toy Fair

best wishes

Steffen
Kriegshund
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 108 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:06 PM UTC
Thank you for the information, it is quite helpful. As modellers, we have a lot to look forward to! :-)
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:19 PM UTC
Steffan, thanks, very useful. However, in Aviation, Jean-Luc (TedMamere) will be covering the fair specifically for AeroScale. I'll be there sunday and monday covering the show specifically for Armorama/Kitmaker Network - first time we've ever had 'live' coverage from the fair!.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:27 PM UTC
Hi Jim

I know, I read your comment last week. Have fun there, although I think it will also be stressing.

I already asked a while ago, if it is forbidden to post external links to modelling site (like the IPMS Deutschland website)? I got no real response to that so I just continued a s before. Any change in that?

I do not want to make you (Kitmaker) any competition. The IPMS D site is just a clubs website and we do not have any comercial interest and we do not generate anything out of the site .. just costs.

So shall I stop posting such info?

best wishes from germany

Steffen
P.S. @ Rowan .. so much to new news ....
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

if it is forbidden to post external links to modelling site (like the IPMS Deutschland website)? I got no real response to that so I just continued as before. Any change in that

Absolutely NOT - the more that Kitmaker (ALL the 'sites') receives from outside sources such as yours the better.

Quoted Text

The more information that people can get from Trade Fairs such as Nuremberg the better. So again, absolutely not. It'll make no difference in the end as I'll be writing up a full report from the show which will be in a more permament format than in the forums.

My visit to N'Berg will be more on the lines of 'Raising Profile' of the Network with manufacturers and distributors. 'News' in that sense will be a lower priority than it would normally be....
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:38 PM UTC
I'll be at the Australian leg of the Toy and Hobby Fair in March, as some of my model builds will be displayed on a Wholesalers 'Trade Stands'.
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:38 PM UTC
Jim

Have a good time in nuremburg, and keep upu the good work of profile raising. The Bulldogs will be doing our bit at Milton keynes this weekend. If my mobile works as a modem we will be live!!

Andy
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 06:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Bulldogs will be doing our bit at Milton keynes this weekend.

Probably be a damn sight warmer as well! Also Nuremberg can't possibly compete with the architectural splendour of MK :-)

Enjoy the show!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 07:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

if it is forbidden to post external links to modelling site (like the IPMS Deutschland website)? I got no real response to that so I just continued as before. Any change in that

Absolutely NOT - the more that Kitmaker (ALL the 'sites') receives from outside sources such as yours the better.

Quoted Text

The more information that people can get from Trade Fairs such as Nuremberg the better. So again, absolutely not. It'll make no difference in the end as I'll be writing up a full report from the show which will be in a more permament format than in the forums.

My visit to N'Berg will be more on the lines of 'Raising Profile' of the Network with manufacturers and distributors. 'News' in that sense will be a lower priority than it would normally be....

Hi Jim

Thank you for making that clear! As I said, I have no interest to disturb kitmaker!

have much fun in Nuremberg

best wishes

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hi gang

Today I got also a few pictures. unfortunately the networt at the press center was not able to cope with all the reporters wanting to sent their pix and articles .. so I got only seven (until now) .. hope to get more tomorrow in the morning. Also the Hasegawa Jeep is pretty blurry ...

Nuremberg Pictures

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 04:14 AM UTC
Hi Steffen!

I think we will have to rely on you and your friend for infos about the Nürnberg Toy Fair this year. Unfortunately I just noticed that the fair is reserved to professionals and vendors only (no private public). Having no Proof of trade visitor status (yet), I won't risk to drive 800 km to stay outside at the front door. I thought the fair was open to everyone but it don't seems to be the case... doh!

Sorry but my visit there is postponed to 2008!

Jim, I'm afraid you will be the only representative of the Kitmaker Network this year!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 04:21 AM UTC
Another batch of photos (not from my site!!)

http://www.primeportal.net/whats_new.htm

very interestin stuff unfortunately without any comment .. most are self-explanatory

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry but my visit there is postponed to 2008!

Jim, I'm afraid you will be the only representative of the Kitmaker Network this year!

Jean-Luc

Hi J-L

Hmm, if Jim is already there maybe he can make some things happen ... best he would ask there if he can get access for his "employees" but as I wrote you it is no cheap way, as the fair is quite expensive for commercial visitors (just heard that from the Revell staff a week ago ... no free access for exhibitors!!!) ...

BTW in case you are interested, I have put a lttle article to the IPMS website about our visit there (German only) http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Revellbesuch2007/Revellbesuch_19012007.html

best wishes

Steffen
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 03:08 PM UTC
I'm actually fortunate - not only have I got passes for the two days i'll be there, I also managed to get accreditation as a journalist - first time Kitmaker Network has been 'officially' accredited

Jean-Luc, basically what we'll do, is start planning the thing in SEPTEMBER this year, so we can get the thing on track for NEXT year's show.

Oh dear, now i'm going to have to ask intelligent' questions about aircraft kits.. Watch this space! :-) :-) :-)
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 03:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh dear, now i'm going to have to ask intelligent' questions about aircraft kits.. Watch this space! :-) :-) :-)

Hi Jim

I am sure you will ask very intersting questions, most likely more interesting than the a/c guys who moan about this bolt here and another nut there .. and no also no Farley Fruitbat this year (a common joke about kits of more or less obscure aircraft not made in plastic yet :-) :-) :-) )

BTW ask me about Suck'n'blow or armour ... and I am lost.

Jim, it is also helpful when you have made/make some appointment with the different companies in advance ... Well, only if you do want to talk to persons in charge and not hostesses ... maybe with Zuzana Holá (left)

Actually I was not there myself (yet), but this is what I have heard from "my staff" there ..

best wishes and have a lot of fun

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jean-Luc, basically what we'll do, is start planning the thing in SEPTEMBER this year, so we can get the thing on track for NEXT year's show.

Hi Jim!

Yes, that would be nice! I will have to order my Aeroscale bag and Sweat-Shirt then...

Quoted Text

I'm looking forward to it!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007 - 01:12 AM UTC
Some more photos added to IPMS D site

Nuremberg pix

e.g. this one, something nice for the Luftwaffe or Luft Hansa/ Lufthansa nut

cheers

Steffe
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 02:47 AM UTC
Some more pictures added to my picture gallery

Nuremberg pictures

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 01:06 AM UTC
Hi gang

The Nuremberg 2007 pictures page now has 109 photos .. especially the new A-20 (MPM group, 1/72 IMHO) might interest some...

The Nuremberg News List is updated with Hobby Boss and Alannger (La-5 series in 1/48!) also some stuff in armour and ships.

best wishes

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 04:08 AM UTC
It is me again

the news list has now some military stuff too. Interesting for me ICM Opel Admiral and Sd.Kfz.222 in 1/48. I bet Jim Rea will be much more thorough on that field.

Nuremberg News List

now there are two picture galleries.

Nuremberg pix by Volker Helms (rather general 148 photos)

and

Nuremberg pix by Andreas Eichendorff (103) (more towards military stuff)

tomorrow is the last day

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi All
This is my last update on this one .. if you still read this: thank you for staying :-) Jim Rae will surely soon (or already has) post(ed) his adventures and the news he found. I hope he had a nice stay in Germany!

I have updated
Nuremberg News list

a last time. I added some items and some links to pictures and a few articles on my site.

All pictures can be accessed via the news list or here:

Nuremberg Pictures 1 (157)

Nuremberg Pictures 2 (103)

Those who want more may have a look at primeportal: http://www.primeportal.net/models/nuremberg_2007.htm

I hope it works all, as I am a bit burnt out ...

seems it will be a nice modelling year

best wishes

Steffen
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:27 PM UTC
Steffen - the two 'highlights' were the young lady getting 'tattooed' on the Badger stand and the rather 'unusual' HO scale figures which included a Pole-Dancer and a Sex-Shop.... Definitely a way of spicing-up a model railroad... :-) :-) :-)
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:34 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Sorry for mistyping your name first .. had a few more bugs to remove .. now the post is correct ... I hope

... seems you have an eye for the special side of modelling :-) :-)

I'm looking forward to your report .. lots of models and models I guess, not to forget "Bier, Weißwurst und Brez'n" ....

best wishes

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP