_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Waldron Products
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 08:55 AM UTC
Has anyone used the Waldron Placards in their models? If so, what are they exactly and how are they used. Examples of their use would be cool too. I've seen a lot of references to their punch and die set too, what's that? Thanks!
Kencelot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 09:56 AM UTC
Hey Bryan, while AC certainly are not my forte nor cup of tea, I was curious too. So I did a little search on em, and here's what I came up with.

http://members.tripod.com/scottsmodels/detailing_cockpits.htm

I hope this site will explain some of the answers you're looking for. A couple of the pics were missing for me, but the others are incredible.
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 10:09 AM UTC
Ken, thanks for the info. I've seen that page before but still had questions. Does the punch set 'punch out' an instrument from sheet styrene and then glued to a instrument backboard made of styrne? Just not sure. He also has a pic of the placards on the page but doesn't mention what they are. They look like some kind of 'photographic' plate that's placed on blank styrene to make it resemble an instrument panel. I've checked a website that sales them and their not expensive-the placards that is. The punch set is expensive @ $77.
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 10:17 AM UTC
Ken, I take that back. He talks about placards further down the page. Still not sure exactly what they are though. Maybe I'll send him an email.
Bluefalcon47
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands
KitMaker: 255 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2002 - 03:39 AM UTC
Placards are the small black plates with silver or white instructions written on them found in aircraft cockpits and instrument bays. Text usually describes how to operate certain instruments and the technical data (what voltage or pressure etc etc etc)
And usually they are glued to .010" or .020" styrene sheet to give them some depth. Have never used them before thought, as I can't get them here in Holland.
 _GOTOTOP