Help Battle of Arnhem; Stirling & Halifax
Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hello,

My name is Nico and I live in Arnhem Holland. I have been active on this forum before, but mainly at the WW1 section.

Anyway I stated I live in Arnhem, but my work is at Oosterbeek. So what, you may think, but this does have a goal. I work in oosterbeek at a specialized institution for the treatment of youngsters with autism, age 15 22. I work here as a jobtrainer. Besides this I run a Modelkitbuilding club! So I got about 5 youngsters each week which I guide to make modelkits. Great thing, so they are occupied with something else besides computers.

At Oosterbeek each september the whole place is focussed on the remembrance of the Battle of Arnhem. Almost each shop in the mainstreet has got his shopwindow dressed up with old uniforms and things like that. Last week I made a deal with a local bookstore to provide a range of build modelkit airplanes which were used during the Airborne operations. Most planes aren't too difficult. Horsa's and Dakota's are plenty available. I myself am building an Albemarle at the moment, and my own other contribution is probably going to be a Hamilcar (resin kit).

Since my main focus is WW1 I am not an expert on this subject. I do know now that the Stirlings which were used were the MKIV types. I have been searching on the internet, but so far have not found out if conversion- or decalsets are available. As far as the Halifax is concerned, I don't know the exact version which was used, but if anyone knows about conversion- decalsets for the Halifax troopsupply or tow version please let me know.

Our main focus are the aircraft which were used for the Airborne action itself. If there is time left we may also build fighters or other sort of attack aicraft. If anyone knows decalsets for Typhoons, Mosquito's or Spits which were used during Market Garden (especially around Arnhem e.g. the Mosquito's which bombed the "Gele Rijders kazerne") please let me know.

For this moment we agreed not to build any Third Reich subjects...

I hope I can get some help!

greetings, Nico Teunissen
 _GOTOTOP