_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
A Bug in Forum View
jRatz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
AeroScale: 151 posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 07:37 AM UTC
On Aeroscale, Forum view, a bug has cropped up, I think sometime in last 24 hours.

In Air Campaigns, each topic is listed & next/under is a little box for the numbers of pages with posts. Well, it is not correct & I am sure it was yesterday.

Examples, Down Low Campaign shows 6 pages - there are 9
Bloody April Campaign shows 2 pages - there are 3

The correct page count does show (at the bottom) once you get onto a page, but it threw me & I thought several days had been lost ...

John
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 07:42 AM UTC
John,
I am working on it. No easy solutions at present as this is because of a change that needed to be made on user deleted posts.

FYI I have reset all page displays to 30 posts per page. 40 and 50 will no longer be supported.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 08:25 AM UTC
I believe that should fix things for the older posts, while allowing this new user deletion notation to work for future posts.

Let me know though if you see any more odd behaviour.

Thanks,
Jim
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 02:45 PM UTC
Hello Jim

thanks for fixing that bug!! It was very strage, but for me it started before I tried to delete a post .. anway good job!!!

Quoted Text

FYI I have reset all page displays to 30 posts per page. 40 and 50 will no longer be supported.

That is sad as I always used the 50 posts setting .. was that part of the problem?

best regards

Steffen Arndt
jRatz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 07:11 AM UTC
Jim,
It appears fixed now -- thanks !!!

BTW, I would think the # of boxes has to be fixed at some small number or they could overwhelm everything. The thread subject (underlined) always takes you to page 1, so I'd think you'd only want to show that last half-dozen or so boxes. Just me brain storming ...

Again, thanks for the fix.
Drat on the 30 vs 50
John
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 09:48 PM UTC
Your most welcome.

John - are you taling about the longer threads with the page boxes? I didn't follow this:

Quoted Text

BTW, I would think the # of boxes has to be fixed at some small number or they could overwhelm everything. The thread subject (underlined) always takes you to page 1, so I'd think you'd only want to show that last half-dozen or so boxes. Just me brain storming ...

I will definately be doing more fine tuning of the forums. We have some pretty good basics for this forum and it's the only one of it's kind. Sadly I am the only one who knows how it works at this point though. Lol

Thanks,
Jim
jRatz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 08:05 AM UTC
Jim,

Yes, I meant the large page counts on a single topic on the forum home page. Say Campaigns, then look at the Down Low thread -- one can't reasonably assume the little boxes to keep marching out forever without severly cluttering up the whole page ...

Do you ever feel like a hamster in a wheel ...??

John
 _GOTOTOP