_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
1/48 scale Skyhawk underway
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 02:55 AM UTC
Hi there

I'd love to be able to claim these were my pics! - but, sadly, I'm only posting on behalf of Michael Wolfe (Wingman), who's had problems uploading them for the forum:

As Michael says:

"Hi guys and gals. Just wanted to post some pics of the Hasegawa 1/48 scale A4 Skyhawk build I started. I used Eduard's resin cockpit detail set to start. The detail in this set is very nice, I really like how the instrument panel goes together with the mylar and photo-etch they give you. The kit cockpit is molded onto the top of the landing gear bay so the kit cockpit had to be removed and a lot of sanding and dryfitting had to be done in order to acheive a good fit between the fuselage halves. The red paint around the bottom switch has been touched up before the fuselage halves were mated. Some lead balls were added to the interior of the nose so she won't be a tail sitter. That's it for now, I'll be attaching the bottom half of the wings to the fuselage this weekend. A big THANK YOU to Merlin for posting this for me, thanks for looking, Wingman out."
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 03:10 AM UTC
Looking great Matey!
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 03:19 AM UTC
My goodness!

That cockpit looks great, especially the instrument panel. Good job and I look forward to the next update.

-Derek
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 04:25 AM UTC
Thanks guys. I painted the resin instrument panel white and then attached the mylar with instruments printed on over top of the white attaching it with Future. The photo-etch piece was painted and attached with Future with tiny amounts of super glue applied to spots around the edges to keep it flat. The seams around the fuselage halves have been sanded and the lower wing half will go on tonight, thanks for the nice comments and thanks for looking, Wingman out.
petelitt
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 07:11 AM UTC
Hi wing man
I am a skyhawk nut, my recent completed build was a 1/32
isralai A4-N, I vacformed my own canopy, strange how you can buy a A4-M upgrade but not the canopy, my current build is an RNZAF 200 skyhawk
based in nowra NSW australia, that cocpit looks amazing, please post an update
peter
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 03:22 PM UTC
Looks fantastic. Very impressive cockpit and instrument panel.

Please continue with updates.

Thanks for sharing
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 09:08 AM UTC
That instrument panel is SWEET!
The whole tub looks great. The detail you have in there just jumps out and is as real as anything I've seen yet. Nice work Wingman. Looks awsome!
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:17 AM UTC
Hi Jesper. Eduard does a good job with their detail, thanks for the kind comment. The wing halves are together,I should be attaching them to the fuselage soon, thanks for looking, I'll keep the updates coming, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hi Hermon. When the detail is really good and stands out well, it's easier to paint and pick out all the detail. You just have to take your time and use a magnifier hat like I do, it really helps, gettin' old I guess, thanks for the kind words, thanks for looking, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi wing man
I am a skyhawk nut, my recent completed build was a 1/32
isralai A4-N, I vacformed my own canopy, strange how you can buy a A4-M upgrade but not the canopy, my current build is an RNZAF 200 skyhawk
based in nowra NSW australia, that cocpit looks amazing, please post an update
peter

Hi Peter. I love the look of the Skyhawk with the humpback, looks very aggressive. Would like to see some pics of your build. Thanks for the nice comment and thanks for looking, Wingman out.
 _GOTOTOP