_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Review question
BigPeteUK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 61 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 12:46 PM UTC
Hello all.

I was considering an in depth review of the 1/32 SU-27 by Trumpeter. I have purchased 3 Aires resin upgrade kits to compliment what I think is an aircraft of outstanding looks and lines. How would i go about submitting one and is there interest for it? Is there anything in particular people would like me to pay attention to so they can decide whether to purchase one or not? This is a major departure for me as I've only ever built Tamiya in large scale.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 01:32 PM UTC
Submitting it is easy. Just go to the Submissions tab in the Features section. It will walk you through it from there. The more reviews the better. Not sure what people other are looking for, but I am always up for quality of detailing, build-ability, and any potential problems with the build.

I say go for it.
Tarok
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
AeroScale: 174 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 04:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is there anything in particular people would like me to pay attention to so they can decide whether to purchase one or not?

The most important advice I may offer in this regard is that you should write the review as if for yourself. Pay attention to all the things that make you buy a kit.

Also, read reviews by well-known and respected modellers. Look at what they place focus on, and build from that.

The thing that is of the utmost importance, though, when writing model reviews is always to be honest, both with yourself and the readers. Don't raise their expectations if the kit is rubbish. I recently purchased a model partially based on a sterling review only to find that the review had raised my expectations too high - the piece wasn't rubbish, but I would have prefered being forewarned of it's shortcomings.So, in addition to having a mediorce model, I also now take all reviews from this particular writer with a heavy pinch of salt...

HTH

Rudi
 _GOTOTOP