_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Anyone built 21st Century Toys 1/32 Aircraft?
Bodeen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 01:38 PM UTC
Hi All,
I'm primarily an armor modeller but I do sometimes build 1/32 aircraft when I can get my hands on a good deal.
I was in Wal-Mart today and came across a 1/32 Bf-109 F-2/F-4 kit, manufactured by 21st Century Toys, for $10.00. I figured what the heck! When I opened the box I was surprised to find a fairly decent kit. It almost looks like a simplified Hasegawa kit...only about 60-70 parts...but really well molded...Each part is off the sprue and in a plastic bag. The decal sheet is done very well and alone is worth almost the price of the model.
I am going to build this in the very near future and was wondering if any of you guys had built this kit.

I'm keeping my eye out for the Corsair, Zero, Macchi, and Stuka they had advertised on the side of the box!
I usually try to steer clear of the complicated German Camoflauge but with this kit costing only $10.00 I won't feel so bad if I make a mistake and mess up a bit!

Jeff
Kriegshund
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 108 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 03:54 PM UTC
Haven't started it yet, but have recently purchased the Macchi Folgore kit. The local Walmart also has the Zero, haven't seen any of the others in my area. Reminds me of the old Monogram kits - toylike in some ways, but should be a relatively easy build. The Macchi even has a neat looking prepainted pilot figure. Definitely well worth $10 though. I will be seeking more of these out. My 10 year old has recently shown interest in aircraft modeling, so those kits will fit the bill nicely.
 _GOTOTOP