Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Just a Thought...
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 05:52 PM UTC
Yesterday, on Armorama, I posted a review of a New Concord book. Nothing whatsoever with wings, however, it has set me thinking. The book was a collection of photos taken by the U.S. Army's Technical Evaluation Teams whose job was to look at new vehicles/equipment, photograph it 'in-situ' and prepare for its shipping stateside for full technical assesment. Now, as many of you will already know, there were quite a number of these teams whose sole purpose was to do a similar thing with aircraft.

Now, the way these guys photographed equipment was little short of amazing - walk-rounds of the subject. So I was wondering, has anyone actually done a similar book based on this incredibly detailed source?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 08:03 PM UTC
Hi Jim

There was a very comprehensive book called War Prizes a few years ago - the photos weren't in the form of walkaounds, but the sheer number of records that the author colected from wartime sources was amazing. Of course it also made tragic reading for any aircraft enthusiast, because the vast majority of the captured machines were destined for the scrapheap!

All the best

Rowan
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 08:37 PM UTC
That should be a crime fellas......
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There was a very comprehensive book called War Prizes a few years ago

A new version of this called "War Prizes the album" has been released RRP £18.99.
Amazon are advertising it for less HERE
I havent had chance to browse through it yet but I might well be adding it to the collection
Nige
 _GOTOTOP