_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
ICM plane kits ?
penpen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 08:43 AM UTC
hello !

I see that ICM makes kits of some great subjects : yak7, yak9, mig3, spitfire Mk9, P51A, B, D...
These kits cost much much less than the typical hasegawa kits. But what are they worth ?
Are they good kits that need a little work to be realy cool, or real dogs ?
bison44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 09:29 AM UTC
Hi pen pen: I don't have any aircraft ICM kits but I do have several of their figures/artillery pieces. And they vary greatly, I have one of the anti terror sets and the US troops are very nice, fine detail, no flash no sink holes, and the Taliban figures are crap, a ton of flash dozens of large sinkholes. Plus they are covered in the thickest coat of an almost greasy substance. I mean like lard, its so thick, I have never had a model so drenched in oil, it took me several trips to the sink to get rid of it all. But if you don't mind the extra work they are pretty good deals for the price.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hi penpen HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
I have the ICM Yak 7a and 9T, they are not bad, I've read that the Spit Mk IX early production, suffered from quality control. I would suggest, if you can, check out the kit in the store before you buy. Like I say though, the 2 I have are fine. :-)
Mal
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 07:37 PM UTC
I am a proud owner of a few ICM kits. they are good. and they offer a good base for additions to the kit. Stuff like seatbelts, and scratchbuilt interior details!
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 09:27 PM UTC
I have only bought a figure set, RAF pilots and personnel but they are quite good, although they do have a few sink holes to deal with. Certainly worth what I paid for them.
 _GOTOTOP